register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base
>
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base (Gen1 - Gen 2)
> MSF KB - Mazdaspeed 3/6 - Suspension & Brakes

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
// initialize some variables var curpostid = 1625496; var quickreply = false; // cached posts (no page reload required to view) // next/previous post info // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[851] = "levitron"; pu[135] = "gsrtype1"; pu[1507] = "HotHatchRacer20"; pu[1213] = "dimaxxxl"; pu[476] = "Boother"; pu[1168] = "Wagonman"; pu[37] = "ms3077"; pu[116] = "speed3"; pu[489] = "Radar_This"; pu[104] = "numbnuts22715"; pu[1] = "Haltech"; pu[221] = "MadOzodi"; pu[1092] = "pellajl"; pu[794] = "FreeFlyFreak"; pu[187] = "redspeed"; pu[224] = "Nliiitend1"; pu[128] = "BlackMS3"; pu[687] = "phillyb"; pu[2355] = "phantomspeed3"; pu[3101] = "LiamT"; pu[2037] = "blackcherryspd6"; pu[650] = "FCmaniac"; pu[1945] = "SonnyBonahoe"; pu[3180] = "Lindenwood"; pu[2038] = "MZRDISI4"; pu[2815] = "Nazarite"; pu[1462] = "ualeks"; pu[3663] = "hyedracyl"; pu[1815] = "darkstarmotorsports"; pu[3217] = "marcusdigi"; pu[3182] = "mituc"; pu[5576] = "Jujiro_Prodigy_31"; pu[2431] = "mr_mazda329"; pu[494] = "ElBartoRex"; pu[6232] = "gamma500"; pu[5653] = "JLCMS3"; pu[1129] = "Domino81"; pu[10566] = "Scynfewl"; pu[11202] = "M$3ChoquiM$3"; pu[12008] = "shawnmos"; pu[6797] = "Mizzle"; pu[21148] = "MrBret"; pu[21969] = "CWP_MS3"; // -->
 Old 05-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
Banned

phillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,751 Times in 5,169 Posts
Groans: 1,940
Groaned at 886 Times in 632 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yo honestly...just figure out which pads you want and call a vendor or pm a vendor. i won't tell you my secrets for getting shit cheap, BUT it never hurts to ask is all i'm saying

i got my ebc reds from streetunit, which is odd, cause it's semi-rare that i order from su. but mark is a great fucking dude, despite what i say about him on the forums...or in bed.
you can also talk to one of the pg reps (jeff or randy, wassup61 and palerider, respectively) and they can hook you up with hawks or axxis pads. they might also have access to other shit.
and the only place i've seen that has carbotech pads is from carbotech - http://www.ctbrakes.com/pads/mazda.htm
 Old 05-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #2

MZRDISI4 is the leader of the worldMZRDISI4 is the leader of the worldMZRDISI4 is the leader of the worldMZRDISI4 is the leader of the worldMZRDISI4 is the leader of the worldMZRDISI4 is the leader of the worldMZRDISI4 is the leader of the worldMZRDISI4 is the leader of the worldMZRDISI4 is the leader of the worldMZRDISI4 is the leader of the worldMZRDISI4 is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,738 Times in 345 Posts
Groans: 94
Groaned at 38 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Best deal on the stock pads is to buy from the dealer, let them install(if they're not raping you on the 1 hour labor). You get free replacements.
 Old 05-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #3

ualeks has a brilliant futureualeks has a brilliant futureualeks has a brilliant futureualeks has a brilliant futureualeks has a brilliant futureualeks has a brilliant futureualeks has a brilliant futureualeks has a brilliant futureualeks has a brilliant futureualeks has a brilliant futureualeks has a brilliant future
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any one tried EBC yellowstuff yet? I would like to see a review of these on our cars.
 Old 06-09-2009, 09:52 AM   #4

hyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have a set of EBC Yellowstuff pads on the way from StreetUnit right now. I'll be on the track this weekend so I'll be in a better position to tell you what I think at that point.

With all this talk of which pads will fit and which won't, I'm a bit concerned as to what I'm going to receive actually. I mentioned the size of the caliper when I talked to them because I believe that the person I talked to mentioned that all Mazda 3's are the same - which is clearly not the case.

Worst case I suppose is that I end up using the OEM pads this weekend. My S2000's stock pads are pretty good, or at least safe, out on the racetrack. Hopefully the Mazda pads are as well.

Greg Hagopian
Hye-Dra-Cyl LLC
 Old 06-19-2009, 01:34 AM   #5
Banned

darkstarmotorsports is the leader of the worlddarkstarmotorsports is the leader of the worlddarkstarmotorsports is the leader of the worlddarkstarmotorsports is the leader of the worlddarkstarmotorsports is the leader of the worlddarkstarmotorsports is the leader of the worlddarkstarmotorsports is the leader of the worlddarkstarmotorsports is the leader of the worlddarkstarmotorsports is the leader of the worlddarkstarmotorsports is the leader of the worlddarkstarmotorsports is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 6 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

after looking at the MS3 front pads, they look like larger version of the SVT focus pads.

But back to the topic, what year S40 T-5 pads will fit the MS3?

Also, what model and year volvo will fit the front MS6?

And is the rear barake on the MS6 the same as the normal MZ6?
 Old 06-19-2009, 05:58 AM   #6

Nliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,632 Times in 3,121 Posts
Groans: 67
Groaned at 17 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by darkstarmotorsports View Post
after looking at the MS3 front pads, they look like larger version of the SVT focus pads.

But back to the topic, what year S40 T-5 pads will fit the MS3?

Don't know the answers to all of your questions, but the key to getting Volvo S40 T5 pads that fit is to get the ones for the AWD Volvo S40 T5. From what I recall from prior research, the FWD S40 T5 pads won't fit, regardless of the year...
 Old 06-20-2009, 11:43 PM   #7
Banned

darkstarmotorsports is the leader of the worlddarkstarmotorsports is the leader of the worlddarkstarmotorsports is the leader of the worlddarkstarmotorsports is the leader of the worlddarkstarmotorsports is the leader of the worlddarkstarmotorsports is the leader of the worlddarkstarmotorsports is the leader of the worlddarkstarmotorsports is the leader of the worlddarkstarmotorsports is the leader of the worlddarkstarmotorsports is the leader of the worlddarkstarmotorsports is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Nliiitend1 View Post
Don't know the answers to all of your questions, but the key to getting Volvo S40 T5 pads that fit is to get the ones for the AWD Volvo S40 T5. From what I recall from prior research, the FWD S40 T5 pads won't fit, regardless of the year...

Well looks like I'll be doing a GB for just the Rear pad/rotors for the MS3. also can someone my other questions...

Old 06-21-2009, 12:03 AM   #8

marcusdigi is a splendid one to beholdmarcusdigi is a splendid one to beholdmarcusdigi is a splendid one to beholdmarcusdigi is a splendid one to beholdmarcusdigi is a splendid one to beholdmarcusdigi is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

As far as aftermarket big brake kits are concerned, are the front brakes the same between the speed3 and the mazda 3? For example, will brembo or ksport brakes that fit the mazda 3 fit the speed 3?
 Old 06-21-2009, 12:06 AM   #9
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by marcusdigi View Post
As far as aftermarket big brake kits are concerned, are the front brakes the same between the speed3 and the mazda 3? For example, will brembo or ksport brakes that fit the mazda 3 fit the speed 3?
No, the MS3 front calipers and rotors are larger then the Mazda 3. Companies market them like that, because the Mazda 3 was create 3 years before the MS3. I would contact directly for which kit will work on the MS3, they should have a seperate kit
 Old 12-15-2009, 09:25 AM   #10

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,138 Times in 1,236 Posts
Groans: 111
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

does anyone have any idea about the differences between the autoexe street and sport pads? I've been waiting for my autoexe street pads for some time now, I'm tired of waiting, and I'm thinking of getting the sports pads instead.
However, since my driving style is rarely about pushing hard the brake pedal, my brake pads and rotors are always cold. I thought that the autoexe streets will be as efficient as stock (or more efficient) when they are cold, but what about the sport pads?
That's basically my only concern, not that they may produce a bit more dust or that they're a bit more noisy.

What do you guys know about these two? I know that EBC red are a bit less efficient when cold than stock, so I'm not considering them.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, CP-e TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071r gen2, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM, CorkSport cam shafts
Mahle 88mm 4032 9.6:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, King rod&main bearings, CS seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW to 28PSI, self-tuned to 32PSI

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7 6 Speed Manual
SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Cobb XLE, Cobb EBCS, CorkSport 3.5BAR MAP
GTX2867R gen2, stock spark plugs, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW, JBR Tru-3" Silicone intake
TheSpeedLine Top and Lower Strut bars
self-Versatuned to 22PSI
 Old 12-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #11

Jujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond reputeJujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond reputeJujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond reputeJujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond reputeJujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond reputeJujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond reputeJujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond reputeJujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond reputeJujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond reputeJujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond reputeJujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i am new to the forums i cannot send pms yet, otherwise i would have to LiamT and hyedracyl

my wear indicators started squeaking bout a week ago at 25k miles. reading the break pad thread i have observed so far:

Mazda = Too Expensive
Volvo = No trim is exactly sized right for the MS3
HPS = Not enough breaking power

So I am seriously considering EBC Red or Yellow Stuffs

LiamT, Do you still recommend Red?

hyedracyl, never saw any update on the yellow stuffs, care to comment?

thanks

oh, and if a moderator reads this, could you please help me understand y my avetar shows up so small? it never did this on any other forum. thanks
 Old 12-23-2009, 12:45 PM   #12

mr_mazda329 is the leader of the worldmr_mazda329 is the leader of the worldmr_mazda329 is the leader of the worldmr_mazda329 is the leader of the worldmr_mazda329 is the leader of the worldmr_mazda329 is the leader of the worldmr_mazda329 is the leader of the worldmr_mazda329 is the leader of the worldmr_mazda329 is the leader of the worldmr_mazda329 is the leader of the worldmr_mazda329 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,356 Times in 255 Posts
Groans: 55
Groaned at 15 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jujiro_Prodigy_31 View Post
i am new to the forums i cannot send pms yet, otherwise i would have to LiamT and hyedracyl

my wear indicators started squeaking bout a week ago at 25k miles. reading the break pad thread i have observed so far:

Mazda = Too Expensive

thanks

oh, and if a moderator reads this, could you please help me understand y my avetar shows up so small? it never did this on any other forum. thanks

You might want to get with RaceRoots on the brake setup. I'm sure they can work something out for you.

Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

Old 12-23-2009, 12:47 PM   #13

Nliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jujiro_Prodigy_31 View Post

Mazda = Too Expensive

thanks

The Hawk HPS pads provide at least as much "breaking power" [sic] as the OEMs, and do so with less fade.
 Old 12-23-2009, 01:03 PM   #14

Jujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond reputeJujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond reputeJujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond reputeJujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond reputeJujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond reputeJujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond reputeJujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond reputeJujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond reputeJujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond reputeJujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond reputeJujiro_Prodigy_31 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

i read your other posts about hawk hps, you said you had to replace your rotors after you used up the hawk hps for the first time? you skipped turning the rotors a couple of times to straight replacing them?
 Old 12-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #15

ElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the world
Groaned at 13 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Nliiitend1 View Post
The Hawk HPS pads provide at least as much "breaking power" [sic] as the OEMs, and do so with less fade.
I am using centric's 'posi quiet' pads on my MS3 and they feel identical to stock on the street, and they are supposed to be less aggressive than the HPS. The only reason I went posi quiet over the HPS is because I was going for a budget commuter pad.

I don't know how HPS got such a bad rap on here. One person whines about it and all of a sudden everyone avoids it like the plague. I sell performance brake pads for a living and the HPS are the most popular of any compound I sell on EVERY car...WRX/STi/Evo/350z/MS3
 Old 12-23-2009, 02:11 PM   #16

Not Ranked  0 score     

is it best to go with ceramic to avoid unnecessary wear to the rotors?

aw, nevermind, just found this on the forums by Racing Roots, appears I had it backwards about the wear:

2.Hawk HPS – These pads are also great for daily driving with their carbon/metallic compound. From customer reviews these pads tend to have a little less initial bite than Ceramics, but these pads also have much better braking over OEM. The reason why Carbon/metallic compound is used is because they wear slower, and last longer. These pads have low noise and low dust output, but not as low as the ceramics. These pads can also be used for autocross events, and they should hold up rather well. These pads might not hold up in racing conditions that exceed autocross speeds.
 Old 12-24-2009, 03:03 PM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

The HPS pads hold up at least as well as the OEM pads in high-speed, open track use (at least that's been my experience).
 Old 02-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #18

gamma500 is a splendid one to beholdgamma500 is a splendid one to beholdgamma500 is a splendid one to beholdgamma500 is a splendid one to beholdgamma500 is a splendid one to beholdgamma500 is a splendid one to beholdgamma500 is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Carbotech Part # 915 (fronts) with various pad types 1512 (Street) XP8(Street/Race), etc
 Old 03-30-2010, 09:27 AM   #19

Not Ranked  0 score     

went with the hawk hps ceramic. they were VERY mushy the first few miles, had to use the hand brake quite a bit. but now they bite hard enough. must say, i am pleased. the next several thousand miles and how they hold up will be the true test of course.

the oem lasted 30k miles. they were squeaking quite a bit, before i replaced them and they were beginning to feel like they were falling apart. but when i took them off and looked at them they looked like i could have gotten a few thousand more miles out of them. meh

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 03-30-2010, 12:53 PM   #20

Not Ranked  0 score     

The Hawk HPS is not a "ceramic."

There are Hawk Ceramics, and Hawk HPS, but no "Hawk HPS Ceramic."
 Old 03-30-2010, 09:44 PM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

i wasn't even paying attention to what i typed. ya, i meant that i used the hps. i wanted good responsive braking power. i am pleased thus far.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 12-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #22

JLCMS3 is a jewel in the roughJLCMS3 is a jewel in the roughJLCMS3 is a jewel in the rough
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

mazda dealers offer lifetime replacement pads... i go like twice a year lol
 Old 01-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #23

Domino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,904 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 73 Times in 36 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The money I spend on wheel cleaner is negated by the free cost of stock pads.

Anthony D. Christiano - Co-Owner at Inspiration Studios Photography
2008 CosmicBlue Mazdaspeed3
294whp/335wtq - Stock K04
370whp/370wtq - BNR stage 3

FreekTuned, BNR Stage 3, Cobb AccessPort, HTP tray and 3" intake, Devil's Own Meth Injection D10 Nozzle, 3-Bar Map & Plug & Play Connector, PTP Injector Seals & Studs, KritzSpeed 3-Port BCS, Sure Return, UR Downpipe, CorkSport Race Pipe, Magnaflow Cat-back, CP-E FMIC, TWM STS, TWM A6 Leopard Shift Knob, TWM Leather Shift Boot, AutoTech Fuel Pump Internals, JBR trinity, Forge Version 2 BPV, Koni Yellows, H&R's, Sonic Tuning ST100's 18x8.5 + 5/16" spacer (ET40), SPC camber arms, Cobb Rear Sway Bar, Nitto NT05 235/40/18 (front) BF Goodrich g-Force Sport 235/40/18 (rear), MSD DashHawk, 35% tint, Semi-debadged ...Unicorn Jizz
 Old 02-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #24

Scynfewl has a reputation beyond reputeScynfewl has a reputation beyond reputeScynfewl has a reputation beyond reputeScynfewl has a reputation beyond reputeScynfewl has a reputation beyond reputeScynfewl has a reputation beyond reputeScynfewl has a reputation beyond reputeScynfewl has a reputation beyond reputeScynfewl has a reputation beyond reputeScynfewl has a reputation beyond reputeScynfewl has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 4
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just read the entire thread. /facepalm Will someone actually post something with either a link or a part number that WILL fit, will NOT need to be modified, WILL perrform as well or better than OEM or where to get OEM's cheap.

I'm on paper thin pads and need new rotors, I just need to get this junk replaced.
Traded for 62mpg: Stage2+SF+FMIC - 93 Octane TurboXS FMIC - Custom Downpipe - HKS TBE - COBB SRI - Turbosmart BPV - Full Motor Mounts - NRG Engine Torque Damper - Cobb Stage 2 Suspension Kit Springs, Front/Rear Sway Bars - 6000k HID Conversion Low/Fog - COBB Short Shifter - Momo Corse Rev 18
 Old 05-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #25

shawnmos is a jewel in the roughshawnmos is a jewel in the roughshawnmos is a jewel in the rough
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Scynfewl View Post
I just read the entire thread. /facepalm Will someone actually post something with either a link or a part number that WILL fit, will NOT need to be modified, WILL perrform as well or better than OEM or where to get OEM's cheap.

I'm on paper thin pads and need new rotors, I just need to get this junk replaced.
According to O'Reilly Autoparts website the proper pads are MKD915. It says that it is compatible with MS3, Volvo S40 T5, and others.

Check it here: Brake Best MKD915 - Brake Pads | O'Reilly Auto Parts

I just picked some up and will be putting them on either tonight or tomorrow. The only thing that's weird is it comes with a wiring harness.
 Old 02-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #26

M$3ChoquiM$3 has a spectacular aura aboutM$3ChoquiM$3 has a spectacular aura aboutM$3ChoquiM$3 has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 6
Groaned at 16 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

damn... so ive been using the wrong pads... i bought mine at an autopart.... gggrrr
 Old 09-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #27

Domino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,904 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 73 Times in 36 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I work for an auto parts chain (privately owned) LMD915A is the part number I come up with.

Anthony D. Christiano - Co-Owner at Inspiration Studios Photography
2008 CosmicBlue Mazdaspeed3
294whp/335wtq - Stock K04
370whp/370wtq - BNR stage 3

FreekTuned, BNR Stage 3, Cobb AccessPort, HTP tray and 3" intake, Devil's Own Meth Injection D10 Nozzle, 3-Bar Map & Plug & Play Connector, PTP Injector Seals & Studs, KritzSpeed 3-Port BCS, Sure Return, UR Downpipe, CorkSport Race Pipe, Magnaflow Cat-back, CP-E FMIC, TWM STS, TWM A6 Leopard Shift Knob, TWM Leather Shift Boot, AutoTech Fuel Pump Internals, JBR trinity, Forge Version 2 BPV, Koni Yellows, H&R's, Sonic Tuning ST100's 18x8.5 + 5/16" spacer (ET40), SPC camber arms, Cobb Rear Sway Bar, Nitto NT05 235/40/18 (front) BF Goodrich g-Force Sport 235/40/18 (rear), MSD DashHawk, 35% tint, Semi-debadged ...Unicorn Jizz
 Old 02-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #28

Mizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,197 Times in 1,405 Posts
Groans: 324
Groaned at 188 Times in 104 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I know I'm reviving the dead, but I was playing with O'Reilly's site... check this shit out for the fronts:

Volvo
. S40 T5 & T5 R
. V50 T5 & T5 R
. C70 T5

Saab
. 9-3 (Aero, Aero XWD, Turbo X)

For the rears?
Jesus.

Chevy, Jaguar, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn & Volvo
 Old 03-02-2012, 02:44 AM   #29
Banned

MrBret will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     
Question

Ok, So I just got my 08 MS3 but it needs brakes (35k miles on the clock)

Is there much of a different in price from the MS3, S40, Saab pads etc or is it just the fact that any will fit?

Also the prices vary from $25 - $125, Can I get some feedback of whats good to get for a good price?

Thanks all
 Old 03-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #30

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MrBret View Post
Ok, So I just got my 08 MS3 but it needs brakes (35k miles on the clock)

Is there much of a different in price from the MS3, S40, Saab pads etc or is it just the fact that any will fit?

Also the prices vary from $25 - $125, Can I get some feedback of whats good to get for a good price?

Thanks all

Brakes Database MS3/MS6!

2008 MS3 GT
2016 MX-5 Club

Old 09-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #31
hidin in yo bushes

CWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 12,756 Times in 4,725 Posts
Groans: 122
Groaned at 70 Times in 57 Posts

Discuss Here: OEM MS3 brakes = Volvo S60 brakes?

Rich Tuned
330WHP and 363TQ
10-19-13 Moore Automotive