register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-19-2014, 06:00 PM   #1

BooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond reputeBooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond reputeBooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond reputeBooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond reputeBooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond reputeBooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond reputeBooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond reputeBooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond reputeBooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond reputeBooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond reputeBooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Tapping into Boost source for Meth install

So I'm going to be attempting my DO Stg2 DVC 30 Meth install tomorrow. Looks pretty straight forward and found a ton of good install threads...

Only thing I can't find or see that I'm a little confused on is :Where to tap into the boost/vacuum source? with the boost tubing from the controller. From what I've seen people have not tapped into the boost/vacuum line that goes from the BPV to manifold, so then where?

And the boost lines that come with this kit are ridiculously small!!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Performance Mods

Cobb AP V3 ~ JBR 3" WP Intake + Turbo inlet ~ JBR IC Boost tubes ~ AT hpfp Internals ~ ETS TMIC ~ CS Catless DP ~ CS Race pipe ~ CS Catback ~ CP-E Stg2 RMM ~
NGK Iridium IX's (1 step colder) ~ Turbosmart 50/50 ~ KSport Pro Coilovers
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]on 93
307whp 339lbft

Exterior mods: ESM 004s - Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 225/40/18 - Gloss Black Vinyl Roof - Gloss Black emblems - 15% tint - Rear Wiper delete - OEM window visors

On Order: GT2871r, Freektune 3.5" Intake, Bosch 3.5 Bar Map sensor, Cobb EBCS
BooSTed_Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-19-2014, 06:08 PM   #2

mxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,004 Posts
Groans: 128
Groaned at 15 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I taped the bpv
2014 06 ms6 gt3076 built bolted
2015 06 ms6 parted
2016 07 cosmic MS3

SOLDforged pistons/rods, bsd baffle, cs turbo, fmic, occ, spin on conv, catless long dp, e30, sri, cpe hpfp, rmm, ported im.
mxlplx71 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-19-2014, 06:14 PM   #3

BooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond reputeBooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond reputeBooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond reputeBooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond reputeBooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond reputeBooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond reputeBooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond reputeBooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond reputeBooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond reputeBooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond reputeBooSTed_Hatch has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mxlplx71 View Post
I taped the bpv
So you DID tap the boost/vacuum line from BPV? Can you take a quick pic?

Thanks dude.

Originally Posted by jdmage_mx5 View Post
Tapped bpv line to vacuum block for meth controller and boost gauge.
Yeah??? Okay, that's what I was thinking but every install thread I saw they didnt. (although they didn't reference that part anyway so they might have)

Performance Mods

Cobb AP V3 ~ JBR 3" WP Intake + Turbo inlet ~ JBR IC Boost tubes ~ AT hpfp Internals ~ ETS TMIC ~ CS Catless DP ~ CS Race pipe ~ CS Catback ~ CP-E Stg2 RMM ~
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]on 93
307whp 339lbft

Exterior mods: ESM 004s - Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 225/40/18 - Gloss Black Vinyl Roof - Gloss Black emblems - 15% tint - Rear Wiper delete - OEM window visors

Last edited by BooSTed_Hatch; 06-19-2014 at 06:14 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 06-19-2014, 06:11 PM   #4

jdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,654 Times in 805 Posts
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Tapped bpv line to vacuum block for meth controller and boost gauge.

HTA 3076 | HTP 4" Intake, battery tray, under mount piping | CPE Exhaust Manifold, downpipe, FMIC & Stage 2 RMM | MD TMM and PMM | Tial MV-R ewg w/ Kozmic dump tube | VCTS delete/Ported IM | JBR OCC, EGR delete, BSD w/ oil pan baffle & RSB | SP63 Oil Cap Breather | Synapse SB BPV | UR CBE | Autotech HPFP | H & R Coilovers | Whiteline Endlinks | Manley Pistons & Rods | L19 Head Studs | Kozmic 6th Port w/ DW65c ITFP | Snow Performance Stg 2 Meth | JMF Manifold | SouthBend Stg 3 Endurance Clutch | Tuned with
jdmage_mx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-19-2014, 07:01 PM   #5

justinsane87 is the leader of the worldjustinsane87 is the leader of the worldjustinsane87 is the leader of the worldjustinsane87 is the leader of the worldjustinsane87 is the leader of the worldjustinsane87 is the leader of the worldjustinsane87 is the leader of the worldjustinsane87 is the leader of the worldjustinsane87 is the leader of the worldjustinsane87 is the leader of the worldjustinsane87 is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll be tapping the bov line, seems easy enough. Did you use the positaps for the controller wires? Or did you get some add a fuses?
FreekTune'd - DO DVC-30 - Ground Control w/Koni Yellows - DM OCC
Enkei RPF1 17x9 w/ PSS 235/45/17 - Full Race Exhaust Mani

justinsane87 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to justinsane87 For This Useful Post:
BooSTed_Hatch (06-19-2014)
 Old 06-19-2014, 07:09 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by justinsane87 View Post
I'll be tapping the bov line, seems easy enough. Did you use the positaps for the controller wires? Or did you get some add a fuses?
I'm doing the install tomorrow. I was planning to use the postitaps, but I will be getting a few last minute things from O'Reillys in the morning and I might get the Cooper Bussman ATM fuse Tap

Originally Posted by Gr8Speed View Post
+1 for BPV line
That seems to be the consensus and honestly that's what was most logical to me. Thats where I always tapped for boost gauges on previous cars so..

Performance Mods

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]on 93
307whp 339lbft

Last edited by BooSTed_Hatch; 06-19-2014 at 07:09 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to BooSTed_Hatch For This Useful Post:
justinsane87 (06-19-2014)
 Old 06-24-2014, 03:54 PM   #7

justinsane87 is the leader of the worldjustinsane87 is the leader of the worldjustinsane87 is the leader of the worldjustinsane87 is the leader of the worldjustinsane87 is the leader of the worldjustinsane87 is the leader of the worldjustinsane87 is the leader of the worldjustinsane87 is the leader of the worldjustinsane87 is the leader of the worldjustinsane87 is the leader of the worldjustinsane87 is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BooSTed_Hatch View Post
I'm doing the install tomorrow. I was planning to use the postitaps, but I will be getting a few last minute things from O'Reillys in the morning and I might get the Cooper Bussman ATM fuse Tap

That seems to be the consensus and honestly that's what was most logical to me. Thats where I always tapped for boost gauges on previous cars so..

You get it installed? What did you use for fuses?
FreekTune'd - DO DVC-30 - Ground Control w/Koni Yellows - DM OCC
Enkei RPF1 17x9 w/ PSS 235/45/17 - Full Race Exhaust Mani

justinsane87 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-25-2014, 11:00 AM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by justinsane87 View Post
You get it installed? What did you use for fuses?
Nope not installed. I attempted it last weekend, but realized it was more than I can chew (without the right tools). I did most of all of my setup now install wise, but I borrowed somebody's shop that had a lift and tools, so It made it easy.

I will get it installed at some point..... More thinking about BT right now though.

Performance Mods

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]on 93
307whp 339lbft

Old 06-19-2014, 07:06 PM   #9

Gr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,747 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 123 Times in 84 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

+1 for BPV line
BooSTed_Hatch (06-19-2014)
 Old 06-24-2014, 05:54 PM   #10
Daily Driver

Nitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,428 Times in 757 Posts
Groans: 52
Groaned at 82 Times in 51 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i have my bpv line tapped for DVC3, and Mechanical boost gauge, and Ignition amplifier =)

i also used the add a circuit bus tap where the thing has two fuses in it the original and the added fuse for the extra circuit works good on my devils own pump
Nitr0EngiE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nitr0EngiE For This Useful Post:
justinsane87 (06-24-2014)
 Old 06-24-2014, 06:50 PM   #11

rymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,116 Times in 503 Posts
Groans: 122
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BooSTed_Hatch View Post
So I'm going to be attempting my DO Stg2 DVC 30 Meth install tomorrow. Looks pretty straight forward and found a ton of good install threads...

Only thing I can't find or see that I'm a little confused on is :Where to tap into the boost/vacuum source? with the boost tubing from the controller. From what I've seen people have not tapped into the boost/vacuum line that goes from the BPV to manifold, so then where?

And the boost lines that come with this kit are ridiculously small!!

Thanks in advance for any help!
Look here:My Devil's Own meth/water injection setup

There should be a pic of how I tapped it in.
Mods: Cobb AP, MSD Dashhawk, GT3076r, HTP 3" SRI, FMIC w/ tr8, Wiseco Pistons (9.5:1), Manely Rods, HPFP AutoTech Intenals, NJSPEED3 Ported Intake Manifold w/ VCTS Delete, Turbosmart BPV, Grimspeed 3-Port EBCS, NGK Iridium One Step Colder Plugs, 3.0" ATP Turbo Dowpipe w/ high flow cat, Devil's Own Stage 1 Methanol/Water Injection Kit, 50/50 Methanol, ACT 6 puck sprung w/ streetlite flywheel, Block8head vent pod, Prosport Performance Boost Gauge Amber/White, Cipher Auto Harness Bar, Cipher Auto 4-point Racing Harness, BC Racing Coilovers, CP-E rear diff mount, JBR RMM 80A, SPC Front Adjustable Ball Joints, Enkei Raijin Hypersilver 18x8 +45, 225/45/18
-Autocross Setup-
17x8 +38, BF Goodrich R1 225/45/17

Other Rides:
2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT BCM: 114k miles, never modded (Totaled March 2013)
1969 Ford Ranchero: 351 Windsor, Edelbrock 600cfm, fully re-done interior (w/ Grant steering wheel, '91 T-Bird SC racing bucket seats), C-6 Automatic Trans w/ shifter kit, First, body work, then drag racing and dumping money into it.
1969 Pontiac Firebird: 4:11 gears, 28x10 ET Streets (Middle of restoration with father)
1998 Toyota Tacoma 4x4: 174k miles, 5 speed, Fiberglass Baja Front clip, 2in body lift, 4in suspension lift, 33x10 BFG All-Terrains, Custom Smittybuilt Bumpers, Custom Intake (SOLD)
rymanmazda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rymanmazda For This Useful Post:
justinsane87 (06-24-2014)
 Old 01-28-2017, 02:03 PM   #12

VA2010MS3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got this same kit but they didnt supply enough line to reach my bov...can I T it into the grimmspeed 3rd port? Says it connects to high pressure boost source

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_20170128-155304.png (1.15 MB, 46 views)
VA2010MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-28-2017, 05:52 PM   #13

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any boost source will work. Tapping in there may actually record a higher boost level, being before the intercooler and all. But you should be able to set the Meth to come on and compensate for the pressure drop