register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-22-2017, 08:12 PM   #1

Cake Master is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Raw gasoline smell during WOT

Hi guys, first time poster here. I just installed the autotech hpfp internals a few days ago. Occasionally (not every time) when I go WOT, there's a gasoline smell. I know that it's common for speed3s to go rich under WOT and have a mild odor, but this isn't just the smell of unburnt fuel, but rather the smell of raw gasoline.

However, everything seems to be in range under WOT according to the access port (Fuel pressure is 1700+, AFR is in the mid 11s, no KR). I'd just like to know if I'm being paranoid, or if there's a legitimate cause for concern. Thanks.

List of mods if necessary:

-Autotech HPFP internals
-JBR stage 2 power path intake
-Stratified OTS tune stage 1 (91 octane)

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm also running 93 octane
Cake Master is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-22-2017, 08:57 PM   #2

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,571 Times in 1,692 Posts
Groans: 60
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Put a dry rag or paper towel around the pump fuel lines and go WOT once. It'll be easy to tell if your leaking..
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks

SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-23-2017, 07:41 AM   #3

Yatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,278 Times in 645 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

also... if you did internals... leak at joint points is one thing, but you might have cracked the hardline.. if you are uncertain how to trouble shoot this... get it to someone that can and do not drive it... there are posts here where that line has failed (seem to recall WOT is/was a factor for a couple, or heavy driving) but the result is a very bad scene. Corksport sells a replacement line... might want to have a look at that.
mods: \\// AT HPFP // AccessPort // CS S2 TIP, SRI and TMIC // CPe S2 RMM // Synapse BPV // Mazda gutted secondary cat // S-OTS+ 91S2 // HKS TP DLi II // Wilwood DP6 13” brakes // TCE 2 piece rear rotors // Maxwell SuperCap/LiFePO4 cell \\//

waiting for install: \\// CPE Catted DP // CS Battery Box // Devils Own Meth kit // H&R Coilovers \\//
Yatta is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-24-2017, 10:19 PM   #4

Cake Master is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for the information guys. I did several WOT runs with the paper towels and none resulted in any wet towels. I think the problem's solved though. It turns out I'm actually an idiot and didn't clip on the blue fuel line properly.
Cake Master is offline   Reply With Quote