register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Andjo
  • 1 Post By littleloogy
  • 3 Post By Andjo

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-09-2015, 04:27 PM   #1

Andjo is the leader of the worldAndjo is the leader of the worldAndjo is the leader of the worldAndjo is the leader of the worldAndjo is the leader of the worldAndjo is the leader of the worldAndjo is the leader of the worldAndjo is the leader of the worldAndjo is the leader of the worldAndjo is the leader of the worldAndjo is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 13 Times in 9 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default New Pump, Car won't start

So this is my second Daetchwerks fuel pump that I have installed. The first one seemed to not give me enough pressure when at idle.
So I changed it for a new one. also installed new fuel filter. Installed it put the tank back up and primed the line. Car started and idled fine, reved it and fuel pressure looks great. let it idle until it got hot then I shut it down. went to go start it again and now it won't start. It tries and will sputter but nothing else. spill valve is clean.

GT3076 and supporting mods with Kozmic Motorsports Built motor and tune

FUTURE MODS: 6266 with V-Band everything

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN

2013 TROLL CHAMPION "DYLANFYHN"

Andjo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-09-2015, 04:51 PM   #2

littleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,656 Times in 1,801 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 21 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Andjo View Post
So this is my second Daetchwerks fuel pump that I have installed. The first one seemed to not give me enough pressure when at idle.

So I changed it for a new one. also installed new fuel filter. Installed it put the tank back up and primed the line. Car started and idled fine, reved it and fuel pressure looks great. let it idle until it got hot then I shut it down. went to go start it again and now it won't start. It tries and will sputter but nothing else. spill valve is clean.

That sucks you are having problems with your fuel pump. What lead you to believe your pump went bad?

what's your key on engine off fuel pressure?

What does your fuel pressure climb to when you crank your engine without starting?

Sent from my iPhone 6
littleloogy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-09-2015, 05:19 PM   #3

Andjo is the leader of the worldAndjo is the leader of the worldAndjo is the leader of the worldAndjo is the leader of the worldAndjo is the leader of the worldAndjo is the leader of the worldAndjo is the leader of the worldAndjo is the leader of the worldAndjo is the leader of the worldAndjo is the leader of the worldAndjo is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

can't monitor it when i crank it and which fuel pressure should i be looking at?

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN

Old 08-09-2015, 05:32 PM   #4

snailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,278 Times in 1,284 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 25 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

can't monitor it when i crank it and which fuel pressure should i be looking at?
yes you can, turn the car to accessory, turn on your ap to the home screen, turn the car to the on position, then click gauges or monitor on the ap, you should have readings.
[443/409]SAE CORRECTED -------------245 DZ102 / 245 NT01
snailD is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-09-2015, 05:39 PM   #5

littleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default New Pump, Car won't start

There is only one fuel pressure monitor which is the fuel rail pressure. So you don't have an AP? This should be fun...

Sent from my iPhone 6
 Old 08-09-2015, 05:43 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I do have an AP and i figured out which one. I have 6psi with the car in the on position

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN

Old 08-09-2015, 05:58 PM   #7

Not Ranked  0 score     

That's weird. Turn the car on and off a few times without starting. Fuel pressure still only climbs to 6psi? Is there fuel moving into the Spill valve? Do you hear the fuel pump turn on when you turn the key?

Sent from my iPhone 6
 Old 08-10-2015, 05:11 AM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

there is fuel in the spill valve and the spill valve is clean. that 6psi is after several priming cycles. yes fuel pump is turning on when key is on

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN

Old 08-10-2015, 09:14 AM   #9

Not Ranked  0 score     

Since there is fuel in your spill valve I would bet that you car will start up. Unfortunately it will die shortly after since it appears to me that the fuel supply cannot keep up with the demand.

Furthermore, I would suspect that the itfp is still failing is some way. Either a crack in the fuel pump hose (the one that goes from the pump inside the pump housing to the top of the fuel pump) or a bad seal.

Sent from my iPhone 6
The Following User Says Thank You to littleloogy For This Useful Post:
Andjo (08-10-2015)
 Old 08-10-2015, 10:33 AM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well it looks like I'm dropping the tank again.....

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN

Old 08-10-2015, 02:58 PM   #11

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well it looks like I'm dropping the tank again.....

Fuck that. Make hole.

Sent from my iPhone 6
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littleloogy For This Useful Post:
g00s3y (08-10-2015), SofaKingAwesome (08-10-2015)
 Old 08-10-2015, 03:18 PM   #12
COCKSTRONG

SofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the world
Thanked 17,776 Times in 4,956 Posts
Groans: 890
Groaned at 278 Times in 160 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fuel filter installed correctly?
You should be seeing ~40psi at key on if I recall correctly.

EVERY "I DON'T USE MSF" FACEBOOK RETARD EVER
SofaKingAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-10-2015, 04:39 PM   #13

g00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,167 Times in 964 Posts
Groans: 438
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I second the hole making...
MS3Shadow (08-10-2015), SofaKingAwesome (08-10-2015)
 Old 08-11-2015, 10:06 AM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SofaKingAwesome View Post
Fuel filter installed correctly?
You should be seeing ~40psi at key on if I recall correctly.
Its brand new and can only be installed 1 way

Originally Posted by littleloogy View Post
Fuck that. Make hole.

Sent from my iPhone 6
then I woul have to make a plate to cover the hole when I can drop the tank in under an hour.

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN

Old 08-15-2015, 08:16 PM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fixed the issue. Fuel was leaking past the o-ring on the fuel pump. used a second on and now the car starts and runs fine.
SofaKingAwesome and Spec like this.

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN

The Following User Says Thank You to Andjo For This Useful Post:
snailD (08-16-2015)
 Old 08-16-2015, 03:25 AM   #16

Not Ranked  0 score     

Glad you got it sorted brother.

Sent from my iPhone 6
Spec likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to littleloogy For This Useful Post:
Andjo (08-16-2015)
 Old 08-16-2015, 07:02 AM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by littleloogy View Post
Glad you got it sorted brother.

Sent from my iPhone 6
Me too. what a pain in the ass it was to figure that out. I threw a buttload of parts at it
Spec, littleloogy and MS3Shadow like this.

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN

Old 08-16-2015, 09:33 AM   #18

Spec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,945 Times in 2,142 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 35 Times in 30 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Glad you got it right, dick face.
 Old 06-09-2016, 12:52 AM   #19
Banned

Xtrinsic1337 is a splendid one to beholdXtrinsic1337 is a splendid one to beholdXtrinsic1337 is a splendid one to beholdXtrinsic1337 is a splendid one to beholdXtrinsic1337 is a splendid one to beholdXtrinsic1337 is a splendid one to beholdXtrinsic1337 is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Reviving this thread! Was it the oring on the hpfp or internal pump I just installed the dw65c and I'm having the same God damn problem
Xtrinsic1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-09-2016, 01:18 AM   #20
Banned

Xtrinsic1337 is a splendid one to beholdXtrinsic1337 is a splendid one to beholdXtrinsic1337 is a splendid one to beholdXtrinsic1337 is a splendid one to beholdXtrinsic1337 is a splendid one to beholdXtrinsic1337 is a splendid one to beholdXtrinsic1337 is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Btw my hole looks exactly like yours lol soo much quicker but now I've gotta make a plate. Mazda shit on us with the maintenance for this car
Xtrinsic1337 is offline   Reply With Quote