register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-13-2017, 03:15 PM   #1

andale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant future
Groans: 3
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Meth Injection Hydrolock Prevention Solution

I've always been worried about meth injection because of the stories I have read about a failed controller pumping a tankful of meth into the engine. I ordered a meth kit recently so I started thinking about a failsafe that could prevent this.

Not sure if anyone has already thought of this, but the solution is pretty simple.

If a solenoid is used in conjunction with a check valve with a separate source activating the solenoid, a malfunctioning controller wouldn't be able to cause a hydrolock situation. A hobbs switch can be found for pretty cheap (~$20).

I know it's pretty unlikely for a failure to occur, but I will definitely be doing this for my own peace of mind.

Power:
BNR S4 v2 Turbocharger | JBR 3.5" Aluminum Intake | JBR Battery Box | GFB Respons BPV |Depo Racing Catless Downpipe | Bosch 3 BAR MAP | JBR 3 Port EBC | Treadstone TR8 Kit w/ Piping | Autotech HPFP Internals | Ultimate Racing Catback | Cobb Accessport V3 | Devils Own Meth Kit (D05) | Custom Tru-Cool Oil Cooler | FREEKTUNED E30 Mix+Meth

Handling:
KW V3 Coilovers | CS Camber Plates | SPC Rear Camber Arms | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/40/18 | Full Damond Motor Mounts | JBR Weighted Shift Knob | JBR Shift Bushings | JBR Rear Sway Bar | Damond Short Shift Plate

Other:
Cobb Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers | Speedline Hood Struts | Corksport CF Hood Scoop | Damond OCC Stage 1 | Corksport E-Brake | Corksport Steering Wheel | Avid.1 AV-20 Wheels 18x8 +35
andale927 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-13-2017, 04:31 PM   #2

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,517 Times in 1,374 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Depending on what meth kit you ordered it may a boost activated kit so this would kinda be unnecessary.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-13-2017, 04:35 PM   #3

andale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant future
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Djohns View Post
Depending on what meth kit you ordered it may a boost activated kit so this would kinda be unnecessary.
It is a boost activated kit, however this would still be a secondary precaution against activation separate from the controller. Protection from something such as an internal short, or the controller's MAP sensor failing (this could cause the pull-up resistor to go high and activate pump). Again, probably unnecessary, but it makes me feel better lol.

Power:
BNR S4 v2 Turbocharger | JBR 3.5" Aluminum Intake | JBR Battery Box | GFB Respons BPV |Depo Racing Catless Downpipe | Bosch 3 BAR MAP | JBR 3 Port EBC | Treadstone TR8 Kit w/ Piping | Autotech HPFP Internals | Ultimate Racing Catback | Cobb Accessport V3 | Devils Own Meth Kit (D05) | Custom Tru-Cool Oil Cooler | FREEKTUNED E30 Mix+Meth

Handling:
KW V3 Coilovers | CS Camber Plates | SPC Rear Camber Arms | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/40/18 | Full Damond Motor Mounts | JBR Weighted Shift Knob | JBR Shift Bushings | JBR Rear Sway Bar | Damond Short Shift Plate

Other:
Cobb Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers | Speedline Hood Struts | Corksport CF Hood Scoop | Damond OCC Stage 1 | Corksport E-Brake | Corksport Steering Wheel | Avid.1 AV-20 Wheels 18x8 +35
 Old 06-13-2017, 05:42 PM   #4

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 74
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Way overthinking this. Throw a relay on the power feed for the pump and tie it into your ignition. Thats what i did and i threw a overide switch inline to my ignition feed.

Saved me once since my HOBBS switch failed in the on position after a pull ...... i reached down and flicked a switch saveing my motor.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-13-2017, 05:53 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 5doorsoffury View Post
Way overthinking this. Throw a relay on the power feed for the pump and tie it into your ignition. Thats what i did and i threw a override switch inline to my ignition feed.

Saved me once since my HOBBS switch failed in the on position after a pull ...... i reached down and flicked a switch saveing my motor.
Oh shit, that would be way easier haha. I thought it was like the AEM system where the controller would throw a fault if the pump wasn't connected.

I already ordered all the necessary parts so I'm going to do it anyways. At least it will be automated lol.

Power:

Handling:

Other:
 Old 06-13-2017, 05:57 PM   #6

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 74
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by andale927 View Post
Oh shit, that would be way easier haha. I thought it was like the AEM system where the controller would throw a fault if the pump wasn't connected.
The only time the pump wouldnt been seen by the controller is if something went wrong like if the system engaged with the ingnition off aka what you want to prevent so that's good and like me if shit hit the fan and you need to hit a "if all else fails" kill switch.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 5doorsoffury For This Useful Post:
andale927 (06-13-2017)
 Old 06-13-2017, 06:05 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 5doorsoffury View Post
The only time the pump wouldnt been seen by the controller is if something went wrong like if the system engaged with the ingnition off aka what you want to prevent so that's good and like me if shit hit the fan and you need to hit a "if all else fails" kill switch.
I do like your idea better. I canceled all my amazon orders, thanks for saving me a few bucks.

Power:

Handling:

Other:
The Following User Says Thank You to andale927 For This Useful Post:
5doorsoffury (06-14-2017)
 Old 06-13-2017, 05:43 PM   #8

nekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Not Ranked  0 score     

Seems reasonable to me, only way you would see a hydrolock type situation would be a failure of multiple components provided your tank was at a lower elevation than your injection point.
CorkSport 3.5" MAF & TIP | CP-E FMIC | Synapse BPV | CorkSport EBCS (Interrupt) | Bosch 3 bar MAP | CorkSport HPFP Internals | CP-E Catted Downpipe | CP-E Triton 3" CBE | JBR Stage 2 OCC | Kozmic Primary EGR Delete | JBR Secondary EGR delete | NGK 6510 | TB coolant Bypass | JBR IM & TB Gaskets | Damond RMM, PMM, & TMM | JBR light shift weight | TWM Full Replacement Shifter | Cobb AccessPort V3 | FreekTune

Chassis
JBR Front & Rear Sway Bars | JBR Billet Rear Sway Bar Brackets | Whiteline Adjustable Front&Rear sway bar links | JBR Coilovers | Corksport BBK | Corksport Lower Tie Bar | Corksport Mid Chasis Brace

Rice
LED bumper reflectors | Morimoto LED Fog lights | VLEDs LED Highbeams | Independent Fogs | AP Engine & HPFP cover | CorkSport Pulleys | Corksport Leather Shift Knob | Corksport Steering Wheel | Damond front plate mount | Lukas LK-9750 2ch dashcam | Eonon GA7163 | thespeedline.com blue mirrors | thespeedline.com hood dampers

nekret is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-13-2017, 05:48 PM   #9

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,517 Times in 1,374 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Meh. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is offline   Reply With Quote