register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Db09ms3

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-01-2019, 08:09 PM   #1

AaronLoun is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default HPFP ??

I am very new to the modding scene with my purchase of a 2010 MS3 completely stock. I was wondering if i will blow by running lean if i don’t have the HPFP upgrade and add a cold air intake and a bypass valve.
AaronLoun is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-01-2019, 08:39 PM   #2

MSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,066 Posts
Groans: 157
Groaned at 47 Times in 31 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by AaronLoun View Post
I am very new to the modding scene with my purchase of a 2010 MS3 completely stock. I was wondering if i will blow by running lean if i don’t have the HPFP upgrade and add a cold air intake and a bypass valve.
Have you done any reading here? You might find a hundred or more threads discussing your issue in detail. It is reasonable to expect some effort to find things first rather than calling on others to keep answering the same basic questions over and over and over and over. . .

Just do a Google search with the term Mazdaspeedforums included with your other search terms and it will search for every available thread here.

Sunlight Silver '08 MS3 GT Mods: (Sold 1/25/2019 after 10+ years of ownership)
BNR Stage 1 (to fix smoking K04 turbo), TurboXS 3" Catless DP/RP "Stealthback" into stock CBE, Vibrant 3 inch Ultra Quiet Resonator in RP section, Magnaflow 3 1/2" exhaust tip, Mazdaspeed CAI w/air straightener and K&N conical filter, NGK 6510 Iridium IX one step colder plugs, Hypertech tune, Autotech HPFP internals, Stock BPV (works perfectly), Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's (stock size on stock rims); Hawk HPS pads; SURE RMM; Grimmspeed EBCS (2 port mode), Bilstein B6's, SPC rear camber arms.
MSMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MSMS3 For This Useful Post:
Vansquish (08-02-2019)
 Old 08-01-2019, 09:39 PM   #3

Db09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 105
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Read your welcome email and follow that shit to the introduction section. I believe in you
danb likes this.
 Old 08-02-2019, 04:35 AM   #4

tripppleP is a splendid one to beholdtripppleP is a splendid one to beholdtripppleP is a splendid one to beholdtripppleP is a splendid one to beholdtripppleP is a splendid one to beholdtripppleP is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 10 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

As far as I know it won't hurt your car not to have the HPFP but you should get it to optimize the full benefit of this two items.
tripppleP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to tripppleP For This Un-useful Post:
Vansquish (08-02-2019)
 Old 08-02-2019, 06:29 AM   #5
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,038 Times in 2,827 Posts
Groans: 1,911
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

Originally Posted by tripppleP View Post
As far as I know it won't hurt your car not to have the HPFP but you should get it to optimize the full benefit of this two items.
That, right there, is dangerous advice.

The Gen2 MS3 is significantly more sensitive to any air/exhaust flow modifications than the Gen1 MS3 or MS6. I would urge the OP strongly to install upgraded HPFP internals before going any farther down the modding path.

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-06-2019, 12:23 AM   #6

CA_MS3 has a spectacular aura aboutCA_MS3 has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

$0.02 for the OP...

I had Corksport HPFP internals installed a couple months ago and was stunned by the difference. Transitional throttle behavior is much smoother now; it eliminated the jerky sensation which occasionally occurred when rolling on the throttle from coasting. Monitoring the car with an Accessport, I recorded a peak pressure of 1750psi during acceleration runs with the factory internals. With Corksport internals, peak pressure rose to 2075psi.

My car's motor is basically stock (K&N panel filter, CBE).

I am the original owner and find it hard to fathom (a) that Mazda sold this car with such a substandard pump, and (b) that I waited so long to trust the aftermarket advice and replace it. I highly recommend the upgrade, even for a factory tune.
CA_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote