register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DISIindahead
  • 1 Post By mituc

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-23-2012, 08:19 PM   #1

DISIindahead is the leader of the worldDISIindahead is the leader of the worldDISIindahead is the leader of the worldDISIindahead is the leader of the worldDISIindahead is the leader of the worldDISIindahead is the leader of the worldDISIindahead is the leader of the worldDISIindahead is the leader of the worldDISIindahead is the leader of the worldDISIindahead is the leader of the worldDISIindahead is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,304 Times in 427 Posts
Groans: 14
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default DISIindahead's Meth Install and Review

Would like to start off by thanking @slikr; @Mortose; and @AuroraAxela; for helping me with the install. Last week I visited Snow Performance since they are not too far away from my house, and got their Stage 2 Boost Cooler Meth Kit with SafeInjection module and Solenoid. I had originally looked at the Devils Own kit but got a good deal on the SP kit. For those of you who never heard of SafeInjection, basically the solenoid allows the system to decrease the boost pressure in the event of a low flow situation. When it detects a low flow, a 12V signal is sent to the solenoid, redirecting boost pressure. This prevents boost pressure from reaching the bypass, causing it to open and reduce boost pressure to the engine.

Install:

Install was pretty straight forward. Snow Performance includes detailed instructions on how to install their system. We first started off by making custom brackets for the tank and pump. Thanks to @bioevolve; Meth install, we came up with a way to make the brackets and run the lines. Sorry if pictures are not in detail. This is not a how to.

This is the bracket made for the OCC to stay in the location I had it at originally.

Next we made brackets for the pump and the tank. Here is the pump and tank with lines attached.

After that we mounted the modules and @slikr; did his magic with the wiring and running of the hoses.

Here is the Solenoid mounted next to the EBCS

This was where we should of slowed down. I didn't realize that the kit came with 3 lights. The Green light is for when the system turns on starting at 15psi and full at 25psi. The Yellow light is the Low Fluid Indicator, and finally the Red is the Indicator from the SafeInjection. Both the Green and the Red were already mounted when I found out there was another light. So I afro engineered it until I get the new blank insert and I will redo the lights so they look a lot better than they do now.

Again, thanks to @bioevolve; again, here is the tube I ran to fill up the tank without taking off the front bumper.

Review: All-in-all it wasn't too bad of an install, just a lot of wiring. Make sure you prime the system. As of right now I'm using the smallest sized nozzle included in the kit to get use to the system which is the 175ml/min and rated for 250-350hp applications and am using Supertech -20* Windshield Washer Fluid with half a bottle of HEET. Eventually when I start running the VP M1 Methanol, I will bump up to the 375ml/min nozzle. So far BAT's have dropped considerably and NO KNOCK on my logs. I will be updating this thread once I have ran the system for a while and will post pics of the before and after effects on the intake valves since I heard that Meth injection helps with keeping the valves somewhat clean and I will also post logs to show the drop in the BATs.
Pointless likes this.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport: Current DD
DISIindahead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DISIindahead For This Useful Post:
bioevolve (01-02-2013), CWP_MS3 (12-27-2012), faeker (12-27-2012), GunGuru727 (12-27-2012), jracer (12-27-2012), KILLER_VIZ (12-23-2012), Pointless (12-23-2012), rfinkle2 (12-24-2012), Rich990 (01-14-2013), robry (12-27-2012), tbot (12-28-2012)
 Old 12-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #2

KILLER_VIZ is the leader of the worldKILLER_VIZ is the leader of the worldKILLER_VIZ is the leader of the worldKILLER_VIZ is the leader of the worldKILLER_VIZ is the leader of the worldKILLER_VIZ is the leader of the worldKILLER_VIZ is the leader of the worldKILLER_VIZ is the leader of the worldKILLER_VIZ is the leader of the worldKILLER_VIZ is the leader of the worldKILLER_VIZ is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 28 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@DISIindahead; man I wanted to come down and help bro. Call me next time!
 Old 12-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #3

DISIindahead is the leader of the worldDISIindahead is the leader of the worldDISIindahead is the leader of the worldDISIindahead is the leader of the worldDISIindahead is the leader of the worldDISIindahead is the leader of the worldDISIindahead is the leader of the worldDISIindahead is the leader of the worldDISIindahead is the leader of the worldDISIindahead is the leader of the worldDISIindahead is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I talked to you last night lol communication FAIL!

The Following User Says Thank You to DISIindahead For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (12-27-2012)
 Old 12-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #4

KILLER_VIZ is the leader of the worldKILLER_VIZ is the leader of the worldKILLER_VIZ is the leader of the worldKILLER_VIZ is the leader of the worldKILLER_VIZ is the leader of the worldKILLER_VIZ is the leader of the worldKILLER_VIZ is the leader of the worldKILLER_VIZ is the leader of the worldKILLER_VIZ is the leader of the worldKILLER_VIZ is the leader of the worldKILLER_VIZ is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 28 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

lol You didnt call me till late a hole! LOL Next install I will be there!
 Old 12-24-2012, 03:44 AM   #5

Dust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

if you are gonna keep the pump mounted that way, you might want to find a way to seal up the wires on the pump to keep water from getting in.
Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dust For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (12-29-2012)
 Old 12-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #6

AuroraAxela is the leader of the worldAuroraAxela is the leader of the worldAuroraAxela is the leader of the worldAuroraAxela is the leader of the worldAuroraAxela is the leader of the worldAuroraAxela is the leader of the worldAuroraAxela is the leader of the worldAuroraAxela is the leader of the worldAuroraAxela is the leader of the worldAuroraAxela is the leader of the worldAuroraAxela is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Could use the same silicone you used on the reservoir to do that.... but you'd have to take the cover off again LOL!
SUSPENSION: K-Sport coilovers . Whiteline RSB . custom MS6 wheels
EXTERIOR: cp-e TowPlate . DDM Tuning 5000K HID low/fog
INTERIOR: Defi boost gauge/cp-e defroster mount . NRG shift knob . CorkSport LEDs
AuroraAxela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AuroraAxela For This Useful Post:
Fast_Dude (12-25-2012), rfinkle2 (12-27-2012)
 Old 12-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you look closely, you can see the wires run into the wire loom when they go up into the engine bay. Nothing is exposed which would cause a short from water. Eventually if I hsve to take off the numper for something then I might put some more wire loom or silicone for the wires.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

The Following User Says Thank You to DISIindahead For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (12-24-2012)
 Old 12-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #8

AuroraAxela is the leader of the worldAuroraAxela is the leader of the worldAuroraAxela is the leader of the worldAuroraAxela is the leader of the worldAuroraAxela is the leader of the worldAuroraAxela is the leader of the worldAuroraAxela is the leader of the worldAuroraAxela is the leader of the worldAuroraAxela is the leader of the worldAuroraAxela is the leader of the worldAuroraAxela is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here's the video of one of the pulls.
SUSPENSION: K-Sport coilovers . Whiteline RSB . custom MS6 wheels
EXTERIOR: cp-e TowPlate . DDM Tuning 5000K HID low/fog
INTERIOR: Defi boost gauge/cp-e defroster mount . NRG shift knob . CorkSport LEDs
AuroraAxela is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-25-2012, 12:07 AM   #9

Dust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Aquamist suggested sealing up where the wires enter the pump when mounted outside the trunk. Just wanted to pass it along.
Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dust For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (12-27-2012)
 Old 12-27-2012, 06:04 AM   #10

GunGuru727 is the leader of the worldGunGuru727 is the leader of the worldGunGuru727 is the leader of the worldGunGuru727 is the leader of the worldGunGuru727 is the leader of the worldGunGuru727 is the leader of the worldGunGuru727 is the leader of the worldGunGuru727 is the leader of the worldGunGuru727 is the leader of the worldGunGuru727 is the leader of the worldGunGuru727 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,386 Times in 1,999 Posts
Groans: 38
Groaned at 20 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by AuroraAxela View Post
Here's the video of one of the pulls. MS3 gen 2 meth injection 4th gear pull - YouTube
Nice stretch of road right there man
JBR 80D Trilogy Mount Package - Grimmspeed EBCS Autotech Internals
Bosch 3 Bar Map Sensor - Bit Wise Plug n Play - GFB Hybrid BOV
Bilstein Struts - H&R Sport Lowering Springs - Cobb v3 - e85
Granite State Dyno 4/3/15: 363hp/370trq
------------------------------------------------
2013 Plasma Blue Subaru STI Hatch
E85 FreekTune - Full Bolt-ons
5/14/14 - 12.4@110
------------------------------------------------
2010 NASA Space Shuttle Silver GenPu
E85 FreekTune
EWG GTX3071r: 401HP/386TRQ
K04: 323HP/TachFail SAE
GunGuru727 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-27-2012, 06:34 AM   #11

rfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the world
Thanked 33,220 Times in 10,051 Posts
Groans: 298
Groaned at 292 Times in 196 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Guys, Dust (posting in this thread) is good peeps and has a good deal of experience running methanol (I believe both pre and post turbo).

I just wanted to poke my head in because although new to our forums, he isn't new to meth injection and I've learned quite a bit from him in his posts from other forums.
rfinkle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rfinkle2 For This Useful Post:
jracer (12-27-2012)
 Old 12-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #12

robry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the world
Groans: 27
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

haha that road looks slightly downhill, we know he's padding his virtual dyno logs now

looks good man, I need to get myself a kit as well.
2014 Mustang GT Premium 6MT - GT Track Pack/Leather Recaros/Glass roof in Sterling Grey Metallic | Barton SS/2 Post | J&M LCA | Steeda Street UCA | JBA 3" O/R X | GT500 ABs | JLT plastic CAI | SCT xcal with AED HP custom tune
SOLD2011 Mazdaspeed3 Celestial Blue Mica
robry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to robry For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (12-27-2012)
 Old 12-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #13

qweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 22 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Noob here, had no real idea what meth injection really did, for you other posers here is a really good video explaining the benefits.

qweedqwag is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qweedqwag For This Useful Post:
AZSPEED3 (06-24-2013), KILLER_VIZ (12-29-2012)
 Old 06-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #14
Banned

coasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 19 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I know this post is old, but this is a nice setup. I really am looking forward to installing my snow.
coasttime is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-20-2018, 01:50 AM   #15

hdragster is a splendid one to beholdhdragster is a splendid one to beholdhdragster is a splendid one to beholdhdragster is a splendid one to beholdhdragster is a splendid one to beholdhdragster is a splendid one to beholdhdragster is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

No pictures?
hdragster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say NO Thank You to hdragster For This Un-useful Post:
g00s3y (03-03-2018), JSmith (03-03-2018), Thor Hammer (02-20-2018)
 Old 02-20-2018, 05:45 AM   #16

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,138 Times in 1,236 Posts
Groans: 111
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by hdragster View Post
No pictures?
You're 5 centuries late. The pictures expired from that free picture hosting site.
PapaBruno likes this.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, CP-e TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071r gen2, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM, CorkSport cam shafts
Mahle 88mm 4032 9.6:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, King rod&main bearings, CS seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW to 28PSI, self-tuned to 32PSI

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7 6 Speed Manual
SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Cobb XLE, Cobb EBCS, CorkSport 3.5BAR MAP
GTX2867R gen2, stock spark plugs, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW, JBR Tru-3" Silicone intake
TheSpeedLine Top and Lower Strut bars
self-Versatuned to 22PSI
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-03-2018, 12:39 PM   #17

hdragster is a splendid one to beholdhdragster is a splendid one to beholdhdragster is a splendid one to beholdhdragster is a splendid one to beholdhdragster is a splendid one to beholdhdragster is a splendid one to beholdhdragster is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

HAHA apparently so
hdragster is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-03-2018, 01:12 PM   #18

JakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 19
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by hdragster View Post
No pictures?

Cobb AP V3, CBE
CS Turbo tuned by PD
Corksport Catted DP/HPFP Internals
JBR FMIC Pipe Kit w/TR8
CP-E TIP/3.5" Intake
DM OCC/TMM
Forge V2 BPV