register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-09-2016, 09:46 AM   #1

iamareios is a splendid one to beholdiamareios is a splendid one to beholdiamareios is a splendid one to beholdiamareios is a splendid one to beholdiamareios is a splendid one to beholdiamareios is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Devils own dvc 30 kit

High bats and high IDC's forces you to do some extraordinary things..
I just wrapped up my DO meth kit (D10 nozzle). Mounted the 1gal in the wheel well with some fabbed up brackets. I used aluminum strips from home depot. Drilled into the cap and secured a 90 degree npt elbow. Attached a hose up into the engine bay to a remote filler spout. I made sure to prime the pump real good. For the controller, I double sided taped it to the dash for now and T'd into new 1/4 lines off the manifold to BPV with a brass T. All that's left is to pick up some methanol ,attach the nozzle to the Damond throttle body spacer, and wireloom/hide any wires. I went ahead and ordered a 40 micron fuel filter to use before the check valve/after the pump. My AEM wideband failsafe gets here today also. I'll get some data logs posted real soon!

Does having all that extra length SS line effect anything? The main outlet line from the pump is excessively long for now because that's what D.O sent me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161208_212244.jpg (2.54 MB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 20161208_212316.jpg (3.22 MB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 20161208_212359.jpg (4.62 MB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 20161208_212349.jpg (4.66 MB, 34 views)

(PD tuned) 397hp/358tq 91/100% meth
BNR S4, XS v3 manifold, CNT dp, OBX cbe, JBR ebcs, AUTOTECH hpfp, PnP/vtcs del. manifold, SU TMIC, HTP 3.5" intake, Synapse DV, D10 100% meth kit, Damond OCC VTA, AFR failsafe, Bilstein b8's/Cobb springs, stuff
iamareios is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-09-2016, 07:07 PM   #2

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I tried to make my lines as short as possible. The longer they are, the more length that could heat up and evaporate the Meth. Also it makes more volume that has to compress everytime the pump triggers and might add a little delay, in coming on and the dripping afterwards...

I didn't know DO had SS lines. I may have to look into that.
 Old 12-09-2016, 10:11 PM   #3

iamareios is a splendid one to beholdiamareios is a splendid one to beholdiamareios is a splendid one to beholdiamareios is a splendid one to beholdiamareios is a splendid one to beholdiamareios is a splendid one to behold
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sheston View Post
I tried to make my lines as short as possible. The longer they are, the more length that could heat up and evaporate the Meth. Also it makes more volume that has to compress everytime the pump triggers and might add a little delay, in coming on and the dripping afterwards...

I didn't know DO had SS lines. I may have to look into that.
Interesting. The DO SS line kit was pretty expensive now that I see you can piece your own kit together, but oh well. It came with a new pump head for AN fittings and I got rid of the push connections. They were a little too leaky for my taste.

Noob question, but how I do go about correctly shortening stainless steel braided lines?

BNR S4, XS v3 manifold, CNT dp, OBX cbe, JBR ebcs, AUTOTECH hpfp, PnP/vtcs del. manifold, SU TMIC, HTP 3.5" intake, Synapse DV, D10 100% meth kit, Damond OCC VTA, AFR failsafe, Bilstein b8's/Cobb springs, stuff
 Old 12-10-2016, 01:41 PM   #4

JSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the world
Groans: 106
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Those ends look crimped. If so I think you may be S.O.L.
JSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-10-2016, 05:49 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JSmith View Post
Those ends look crimped. If so I think you may be S.O.L.
I was able to cut the line and add a new AN end fitting to shorten the line. I just wrapped up my tune with PD tuning and damn I'm impressed. Maxed out my internal waste gate though. I'll be hitting the dyno again next week. Under 20 degrees bats is just jaw dropping!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_20161219-063132.png (179.7 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by iamareios; 12-19-2016 at 12:47 PM.
 Old 12-29-2016, 11:02 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

That's a wrap folks! Not bad! The ecu dialed my tune back a bit according to my logs. I would have been over 400 otherwise. I'm pretty happy with the results of meth
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161229_092806.jpg (8.41 MB, 25 views)
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog1.csv (21.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: csv datalog3.csv (14.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: csv datalog4.csv (17.5 KB, 2 views)