register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #1

sveli will become famous soon enoughsveli will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Blue clip in fuel line at hpfp upside down?

I have had two fuel leaks since my exchange of hpfp. The feed line from the tank to the pump has moved up half an inch and fuel has come out.

I have read some threads about the inner light blue clip has been upside down.

Does someone has a picture of a clip in correct position (or a description how I can check it)?

Kind Regards /Sven
 Old 06-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #2

TiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,754 Times in 2,278 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

in this pic, the part touching his thumb goes down, fuel line slides over the part touching his index finger

Was a Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop
Now in a BMW 135i - double the turbos, double the fun!
E82.N54 2009 / BSM / A/T / Drop-in / PR CP / Berk Street / MHD / xHP
340hp / 371tq
TiGraySpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiGraySpeed6 For This Useful Post:
speed23 (06-20-2012)
 Old 06-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #3

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

When I was reading about the "clip upside down" I thought it was the leftmost part (in the picture) they were talking about? Can that clip be put upside down as well?

Old 08-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #4

breakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,247 Times in 1,482 Posts
Groans: 261
Groaned at 20 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by TiGraySpeed6 View Post
in this pic, the part touching his thumb goes down, fuel line slides over the part touching his index finger

Doing injector seals and took off my manifold.

Somewhere along the way I find this blue clip thing on the ground...

I can't seem to pinpoint where it comes from though, the only fuel related things I've touched are the fuel rail and maybe it's vacuum hose, and neither seem to have the place for this clip.

I'm pondering if maybe it's just been in hiding since I did my autotech internals 20k ago...

I couldn't find this shit in the workshop manual either.

breakfstincluded is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #5

TiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Alas, I can't say about that one. I've removed & reattached lines using the blue clip a few times but have never had to disassemble the clip from the line to the individual parts shown above

@phate
340hp / 371tq
 Old 06-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #6

Spoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,160 Times in 516 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 17 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes you can put the blue clip and clear clips upside down. The clear clip sits above the blue one. There are two points that stick out on the clear clip. There are two holes for those points on the blue clip. Put the clear clip on the pump first *with the points facing down* then snap your blue clip under them, with the holes face up to catch the clear points.
Spoofmastafly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spoofmastafly For This Useful Post:
phate (06-21-2012), TiGraySpeed6 (06-21-2012)
 Old 06-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Oh, do you actually assemble the fule line this way or is it just for description?

Kind Regards /Sven
 Old 06-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #8

Spoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sveli View Post
Oh, do you actually assemble the fule line this way or is it just for description?

Kind Regards /Sven
It all depends how your clip comes off. When I uninstalled my pump to swap with a local guy for his stock pump. My blue clip came off in two pieces. I've done a few installs but they're all so far apart that I can't remember if it's possible to keep those pieces together when removing them. Pretty sure you cannot.
 Old 06-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #9

Not Ranked  0 score     

mine was just pull the blue out & lift, when the blue cleared the light blue inner portion then the fuel line lifted right off. No disassembly of the clip was required.

You have to lift the dark blue clip so far to get both side loose that I can easily see it coming off tho...
340hp / 371tq
 Old 06-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #10

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yup, I just popped my blue clip off by accident!
 Old 07-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #11

Jhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i lost the clear plastic clip on my fuel line the second time i swapped internals. started the car and it was fine. then started driving and it leaked like a siv. so pulled over pushed down really hard and it sealed back up. ive swapped fuel pumps twice since i lost it and i havent had any leaks since. its been 10k. total fail on my fault but no leaks= no problems
Jhornbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-04-2018, 08:50 PM   #12

jaimespeed can only hope to improve
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jhornbrook View Post
i lost the clear plastic clip on my fuel line the second time i swapped internals. started the car and it was fine. then started driving and it leaked like a siv. so pulled over pushed down really hard and it sealed back up. ive swapped fuel pumps twice since i lost it and i havent had any leaks since. its been 10k. total fail on my fault but no leaks= no problems
I also lost the clear clip on that fuel line. So just as long as i push down hard enough i wont have any leaks? Or should i try getting one that has the clear clip?
jaimespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #13

Etipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,717 Times in 781 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 7 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

There is also one on the other blue clip for the vacuum line on the front of the intake manifold.

I also do diesel gear swaps hit me up for more info.
Etipp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #14

breakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks I'll keep an eye out for it, I just hope it doesn't turn out to be something under the intake manifold that I might miss when I put things back together.

I'll these freakin clips and electrical connections in impossible places is a bitch

Old 10-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #15

MSSIX will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i actually found the same clip lying under the car last night....turns out that it is the clip that hold the vacuum line to the Intake manifold. does anyone happen to know if not having the clip installed will create a vacuum leak?
MSSIX is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #16

Not Ranked  0 score     

takes less time to put the clip back on than to type that post.

Getchyur butt out to the garage, pull the hose and put the retainer back on there!

Oh, and that's blue piece is what the hose fastens to, it's as important as the retainer on the hose itself.
340hp / 371tq
tddvrrn (10-09-2012)
 Old 10-09-2012, 06:09 AM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

ehhh it was just to feed my curiosity....I actually re-installed it prior to posting, for some reason I have been throwing a P2187 code (lean at idle on bank 1)and i am just trying diagnose the problem. The manual says to check the purge valve which is also along that vacuum line. I was just curious if anyone happened to know if not installing that clip could potentially cause enough of a leak to throw a code.
 Old 10-09-2012, 06:28 AM   #18

Not Ranked  0 score     

Hmmmmm

Sounds like time to do a boost leak test too. That should help you hunt down any leakers. Have you been seeing any funkiness with your fuel trims or AFR's?
340hp / 371tq
 Old 10-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #19

Not Ranked  0 score     

P2187-after doing a bit of research I think my ltft and stft values are really high (20.3%ltft and 12.5%stft)so I'm leaning more towards a boost leak, I will probalby also do a MAF calibration in the near future.....I started a thread on this but it was closed
 Old 10-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #20

Not Ranked  0 score     

Only, I suspect, because you've already provided the first answer to your question-

code suddenly appears, matched with distinctly high trims, that when searched leads you to troubleshoot the purge valve.

don't bother with a maf cal till you've addressed the purge valve as that will likely bring your trims back in line.
340hp / 371tq
 Old 10-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

I have this problem.

Also after doing lots of manifold might-as-well things like OCC, injector seals, TIGS, and valve cleaning, EGR delete, sparks.

I'm not sure if you have anything to see real time fuel trims like me, but I've also had purge valve issues, and it's different from what I have now.

Purge valve fuel trims jump pretty damn erratically, and eventually you'll throw a code for it.

I have p2187 and 2188 at times, and sometimes they actually stop.

My LTFT will be -18 or -20 at idle and on throttle or cruise will go from -14 to -10.

I'll watch the STFT, sometimes at start up it'll be up to -25. After some driving it will cool down to normal and even positive fuel trim numbers, bringing the LTFT down some, sometimes it's also gone back up, it's always gradual.

I'm not sure what triggers it so far, I have boost leak tested pretty meticulously, so it's not a massive leak. I'm suspecting a valve somewhere, perhaps the PCV on the motor, I will remove my OCC to eliminate possiblities soon.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #22

Not Ranked  0 score     

I will be getting an accessport this week i only have my HF OBDII scanner.
 Old 10-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #23

Not Ranked  0 score     

Turned out to be boost leak in three different places...including the oil level indicator tube on the OCC all should be good now.......I hope
 Old 10-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #24

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MSSIX View Post
Turned out to be boost leak in three different places...including the oil level indicator tube on the OCC all should be good now.......I hope
I'd like to hear if your problem is solved, where were the other 2 places

The Following User Says Thank You to breakfstincluded For This Useful Post:
TiGraySpeed6 (10-12-2012)
 Old 10-12-2012, 06:44 AM   #25

Not Ranked  0 score     

me toooooo
Share the info, perhaps save others the same grief
340hp / 371tq
breakfstincluded (10-14-2012)
 Old 10-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #26

Not Ranked  0 score     

ehhh it was just loose clamps around the boost tubes...I guess you really need to tighten down on the silicone ones more so than then OE tubes....anyways so far about 60 miles on the car with no CEL.....my ltft and stft's appear to be good now.
 Old 10-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #27

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MSSIX View Post
its possible that i do have have a boost leak but I'm pretty sure i have everything secure. Part of my problem is that I did a lot to the car all at once, so trying to pin point it the problem has been a PITA. Basically, my VVT took a crap so I replaced the VVT, Chain, and Tensioner, while i was at it I cleaned the intake valves, installed TIG's on both the IM and TB, new boost tubes, Cobb TIP(already had the Cobb SF), Corksport Exhaust, new PCV and OCC. (I think that's all). It runs great but i keep getting the CEL. I'll have to check the trims and air flow when i get back to the house later...though I'm not 100% sure what would be considered normal.
What cel are you getting?