register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-09-2018, 02:20 PM   #1

PapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default AEM Meth Kit and Failsafe Install Help Needed

Been a while since I've posted up on MSF...
Trying to find an easy-to-follow install guide for the AEM meth kit, but most all of the threads with pictures for dummies like me have long since expired.

I have been sitting on the AEM meth kit and Koyorad radiator (unrelated), AEM failsafe gauge, and Damond TB spacer for several months now and I'd like to see if I can get it installed in the next month before it starts getting balls-ass hot out here in Sacramento. I'd also like to have the tank and pump mounted in the trunk, but would need to find someone to fab a bracket/mount. I've gotten pretty good at doing everything myself, but this may call for a local NATOR install day...do people still do this?

@Roddiy @rodrigo, from searching some of the meth threads you both seem to be pretty knowledgeable. Can you provide me with any insight please?

Thanks in advance for any helpful input from anyone willing to help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171201_163156.jpg (422.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20180509_125622.jpg (334.9 KB, 7 views)
JBR 88 Durometer RMM, Autotech HPFP Internals, COBB Accessport V3, CS Hood Strut Kit, CS Underhood LED Kit, CS Eyelids (painted), BFG CS2s with JBR 5mm spacers, Password JDM Gurney Flap, FREEKTUNE e-Tune, Full Race FMIC, RZO RA138 Shift Knob, RZO 270mm Convex Rear View Mirror, Rally Armor Limited Ed. Flaps, JBR Stage 2 Short Shifter, NGK One Step Colder Plugs, Ultimate Racing: V3 Down Pipe (w/ Metal Substrate Core), Straight Test Pipe, and CBE, Go Fast Bits Respons TMS Blowoff Valve, CS Injector Seals, DM Stage 1 OCC + VTA, DM EGR Delete Kit, DM PMM, HTP 3.5" Intake, BNR S4, Grimmspeed EBCS, CS 3.5 Bar MAP, Prosport 52"mm Premium Evo Boost Gauge, RZO RP81 and RP85 Sports Competition Pedals, AEM Water/Meth Injection Kit, DM TB Spacer, Koyorad Racing Radiator V-Series Core
PapaBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-09-2018, 03:32 PM   #2

Mauro_Penguin is the leader of the worldMauro_Penguin is the leader of the worldMauro_Penguin is the leader of the worldMauro_Penguin is the leader of the worldMauro_Penguin is the leader of the worldMauro_Penguin is the leader of the worldMauro_Penguin is the leader of the worldMauro_Penguin is the leader of the worldMauro_Penguin is the leader of the worldMauro_Penguin is the leader of the worldMauro_Penguin is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,947 Times in 1,243 Posts
Groans: 171
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't think any of these guys post on here anymore. Your best bet would be to try posting on MSO. I know it's frowned upon, but folks are still helping each other over there.

-Delray/Grieco Mazda or Direct Auto Body, ask me why you should NOT take your car to either.
-It is more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slow
Mauro_Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mauro_Penguin For This Useful Post:
JSmith (05-09-2018)
 Old 05-18-2018, 06:41 PM   #3
Fuck sushi rolls

rodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the world
Thanked 24,882 Times in 7,894 Posts
Groans: 356
Groaned at 509 Times in 380 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

when i am called upon i answer. ....... insight on what ??? in which way do you mean

2007 Ms3 3071r fully bolted , retired and sold after 110k miles of abuse

2014 Black Track Pack premium , NA 4lyfe ...AED dyno tuned on E85 466.6whp / 406.8 TQ SAE

rodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-21-2018, 10:55 PM   #4

PapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
when i am called upon i answer. ....... insight on what ??? in which way do you mean
Ah, sweet. Thanks for the reply.
Insight to the install primarily. I'm not quite sure how to go about all of the wiring - that sort of stuff is super intimidating to me. Hell, I had a bugger of a time just trying to wire my boost gauge let alone a meth kit. But if there are any easy-to-follow guides still up on MSF that I might have overlooked that'd be a huge help. I was thinking about trying to find a shop up in the Sac area that might be able to help since there aren't many NATOR folks around here.
JBR 88 Durometer RMM, Autotech HPFP Internals, COBB Accessport V3, CS Hood Strut Kit, CS Underhood LED Kit, CS Eyelids (painted), BFG CS2s with JBR 5mm spacers, Password JDM Gurney Flap, FREEKTUNE e-Tune, Full Race FMIC, RZO RA138 Shift Knob, RZO 270mm Convex Rear View Mirror, Rally Armor Limited Ed. Flaps, JBR Stage 2 Short Shifter, NGK One Step Colder Plugs, Ultimate Racing: V3 Down Pipe (w/ Metal Substrate Core), Straight Test Pipe, and CBE, Go Fast Bits Respons TMS Blowoff Valve, CS Injector Seals, DM Stage 1 OCC + VTA, DM EGR Delete Kit, DM PMM, HTP 3.5" Intake, BNR S4, Grimmspeed EBCS, CS 3.5 Bar MAP, Prosport 52"mm Premium Evo Boost Gauge, RZO RP81 and RP85 Sports Competition Pedals, AEM Water/Meth Injection Kit, DM TB Spacer, Koyorad Racing Radiator V-Series Core
 Old 07-01-2018, 04:55 PM   #5
Fuck sushi rolls

rodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by PapaBruno View Post
Ah, sweet. Thanks for the reply.
Insight to the install primarily. I'm not quite sure how to go about all of the wiring - that sort of stuff is super intimidating to me. Hell, I had a bugger of a time just trying to wire my boost gauge let alone a meth kit. But if there are any easy-to-follow guides still up on MSF that I might have overlooked that'd be a huge help. I was thinking about trying to find a shop up in the Sac area that might be able to help since there aren't many NATOR folks around here.

i know in the bay theres some built 4 speed thing for ms3 i think idk .... listen wiring this shit is basic .... for me wiring is also the biggest intimidating task in a car .... i havent done one in years but ill give you the basics of what i had and loosely recall

i had a progressive devils own and used the ww tank ..... wires i think 2 from the pump or 3 ... ground/12v/controller .... ground is simple just go to a piece of metal that is paint free or has good enough contact .... 12v ..i tapped into i think a wire i was running for some other shit ..simple ...

now controller it connects to 12v , ground , pump , and i forget .... its really not that difficult but if you are not confident go to a shop .... for me it was the cheap way to be able to run more boost so its worth it

2014 Black Track Pack premium , NA 4lyfe ...AED dyno tuned on E85 466.6whp / 406.8 TQ SAE

The Following User Says Thank You to rodrigo For This Useful Post:
PapaBruno (07-01-2018)
 Old 07-17-2018, 02:34 AM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
i know in the bay theres some built 4 speed thing for ms3 i think idk .... listen wiring this shit is basic .... for me wiring is also the biggest intimidating task in a car .... i havent done one in years but ill give you the basics of what i had and loosely recall

i had a progressive devils own and used the ww tank ..... wires i think 2 from the pump or 3 ... ground/12v/controller .... ground is simple just go to a piece of metal that is paint free or has good enough contact .... 12v ..i tapped into i think a wire i was running for some other shit ..simple ...

now controller it connects to 12v , ground , pump , and i forget .... its really not that difficult but if you are not confident go to a shop .... for me it was the cheap way to be able to run more boost so its worth it

I was pretty much ready to get this started tonight when I realized that the AEM manual says that the tank needs to sit lower than the injection point. So if I have my injection point coming in right before the TB with a Damond Motorsports TB spacer where the hell am I supposed to mount the tank? I feel like this would rule out the inner sidewall of the trunk because it would likely sit too high. I am thinking that I may just have to cut a section of the inner trunk floor board and the styrofoam underneath it, so the tank can sit lower and the pump will sit, bolted to the chassis right below it. Maybe that's my solution, I'm not sure.
I'd mount it in my engine bay, but I have zero room. And I'd try to mount it in front of the driver's side front wheel well, but I have my catch can already mounted there. Yeah, I may have to see about getting some help on this one as I don't want it to look like a half-assed job, so I may just end up reaching out to Michael from B4S on Facebook.
 Old 07-17-2018, 06:39 AM   #7

Solarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

What mix are you planning to run? If you're running 100%, you can use one of many tanks or a custom tank and put it literally anywhere it'll fit. It's just plumbing at that point. If you are running a 50/50 mix and it's a DD, I'd just tap the washer fluid reservoir as mentioned.
Solarsurge is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-17-2018, 11:13 AM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Solarsurge View Post
What mix are you planning to run? If you're running 100%, you can use one of many tanks or a custom tank and put it literally anywhere it'll fit. It's just plumbing at that point. If you are running a 50/50 mix and it's a DD, I'd just tap the washer fluid reservoir as mentioned.
Thanks for chiming in, I appreciate it!

Not sure yet, but likely a 50/50 mix. Dont want to use the windshield reservoir if I can avoid it.

Is this tank pretty much useless for me then, or is this all dependent on routing of hoses and plumbing. And when you say plumbing are you referring to injection point or hose routing?

EDIT: Tank mounting location problem solved: https://edgeautosport.com/snow-perfo...enoid-upgrade/

Last edited by PapaBruno; 07-17-2018 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Added link to Snow Performance solenoid
 Old 07-24-2018, 06:23 PM   #9

Roddiy is the leader of the worldRoddiy is the leader of the worldRoddiy is the leader of the worldRoddiy is the leader of the worldRoddiy is the leader of the worldRoddiy is the leader of the worldRoddiy is the leader of the worldRoddiy is the leader of the worldRoddiy is the leader of the worldRoddiy is the leader of the worldRoddiy is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,439 Times in 2,861 Posts
Groans: 279
Groaned at 58 Times in 47 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Been a while since I've posted up on MSF...
Trying to find an easy-to-follow install guide for the AEM meth kit, but most all of the threads with pictures for dummies like me have long since expired.

I have been sitting on the AEM meth kit and Koyorad radiator (unrelated), AEM failsafe gauge, and Damond TB spacer for several months now and I'd like to see if I can get it installed in the next month before it starts getting balls-ass hot out here in Sacramento. I'd also like to have the tank and pump mounted in the trunk, but would need to find someone to fab a bracket/mount. I've gotten pretty good at doing everything myself, but this may call for a local NATOR install day...do people still do this?

@Roddiy @rodrigo, from searching some of the meth threads you both seem to be pretty knowledgeable. Can you provide me with any insight please?

Thanks in advance for any helpful input from anyone willing to help.

I'm a little late, but in case you still need some advice:

I ran the wires from the controller inside the cabin through a hole in the firewall that was already there, it's behind the battery. If you look up some Meth Kit install threads it should be easy to find.

I see you got the TB spacer with the Meth bung already, no stress there. I had mine on a bung welded into my cold pipe (FMIC) as I remember a lot of talk about giving about 6" between the TB and the injector in order for the fuel to completely mix.

However I did just read a thread regarding Meth install where @Phate and @freektune were arguing about that aspect, apparently a bung after the TB is just fine, however I am still a little wary that one cylinder might get more fuel than the other...

If there's anything else, ask. I just picked up a 2016 Ford Speed (Ecoboost, haha) and will be lurking MSF once more.

I was pretty much ready to get this started tonight when I realized that the AEM manual says that the tank needs to sit lower than the injection point. So if I have my injection point coming in right before the TB with a Damond Motorsports TB spacer where the hell am I supposed to mount the tank? I feel like this would rule out the inner sidewall of the trunk because it would likely sit too high. I am thinking that I may just have to cut a section of the inner trunk floor board and the styrofoam underneath it, so the tank can sit lower and the pump will sit, bolted to the chassis right below it. Maybe that's my solution, I'm not sure.
I'd mount it in my engine bay, but I have zero room. And I'd try to mount it in front of the driver's side front wheel well, but I have my catch can already mounted there. Yeah, I may have to see about getting some help on this one as I don't want it to look like a half-assed job, so I may just end up reaching out to Michael from B4S on Facebook.
I had my tank mounted on the inner sidewall of the trunk, I think you might have read that wrong, I remember the pump needed to be below the tank, but not much about the injection point.

Bolted + Corn + Meth + ACT 6-Puck

#BakeryTuned

Last edited by Roddiy; 07-24-2018 at 06:23 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Roddiy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roddiy For This Useful Post:
PapaBruno (09-17-2018)
 Old 07-31-2018, 02:38 PM   #10
Fuck sushi rolls

Not Ranked  0 score     

idk man i used ww tank .. i live in socal shit never rains .... i am sure u are not the first to do what u are going to do so look around and im sure they will point u in the right direction . good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to rodrigo For This Useful Post:
PapaBruno (09-17-2018)