register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Miata MX-5
> Miata - Engine Conversions
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Like Tree36Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #161

Boosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,408 Times in 1,844 Posts
Groans: 50
Groaned at 20 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well thanks for the lesson.

Fucking FREEK TUNED and shit
Boosted Beluga is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-25-2013, 06:51 AM   #162

Koke382 is the leader of the worldKoke382 is the leader of the worldKoke382 is the leader of the worldKoke382 is the leader of the worldKoke382 is the leader of the worldKoke382 is the leader of the worldKoke382 is the leader of the worldKoke382 is the leader of the worldKoke382 is the leader of the worldKoke382 is the leader of the worldKoke382 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,322 Times in 1,859 Posts
Groans: 32
Groaned at 39 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thats cool I didnt know that.

sent from my peepee
COBB AP// Finkles hypnotic sexyness 50/50 e85// HTP 3.5 Whale Penis// HTP 51R battery box// JBR Adjustable SSP//JBR 88 RMM// Grimspeed 3 port EBCS// CX Racing FMIC// CNT Racing catless DP// AT internals// Lamin-x Fog light inserts// Stiffy Ingals Mtourque Mount// Asian tower brace(lol)// CNT Racing Catback// Turbo XS RFL BOV VTA FTMFW!!// Upgrated clutch// Drilled and sloted rotors (font and back)// UNDER THE KNIFE

New fucken miata build:

1993 Red Na6
Some suspension modz yo

1994 Caste White MX5 Miata - sold

1991 Smurf Blue miata - sooooooold
Coilovers// Other shit

Koke382 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #163
das macht kein sinn

mizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,506 Times in 583 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Since I've answered, "How did you get that in there?" and "How much power does it make?" and I assume you all are smart enough to know the answer to, "Is it still front wheel drive or did you convert it to rear?" (Yes, people ask that). I shall now answer...

WHAT DOES IT WEIGH?

Well with full interior, no spare tire/supporting equipment, no muffler, half a tank of gas, and a stuffed panda bear in the passenger seat:

The weight was where I expected to be but I was hoping the front/rear distribution was better. It will be improved when I remove the resonators and add the muffler but not by much.

"Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't, it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere."
mizboo102 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mizboo102 For This Useful Post:
atvfreek (11-27-2013), bigx5murf (11-27-2013), Boosted Beluga (11-26-2013)
 Old 11-27-2013, 05:37 AM   #164

anavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,982 Posts
Groans: 63
Groaned at 43 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Damn, the panda is weighing you down. And of course you left it fwd, too much work to convert it.

I'm sure you can see the next question but what did it weigh before the swap?

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
anavrinIV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to anavrinIV For This Useful Post:
mizboo102 (11-27-2013)
 Old 11-27-2013, 06:01 AM   #165

KusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,670 Times in 1,347 Posts
Groans: 124
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by anavrinIV View Post
Damn, the panda is weighing you down. And of course you left it fwd, too much work to convert it.

I'm sure you can see the next question but what did it weigh before the swap?
You know this is a miata right? So its RWD

1995 Miata 1.8
2006 MS6 Sold
KusteLokal is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-27-2013, 06:05 AM   #166

anavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by KusteLokal View Post
You know this is a miata right? So its RWD
Really? Mine was fwd.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anavrinIV For This Useful Post:
bigx5murf (11-27-2013), Boosted Beluga (11-27-2013), Crarrs (11-27-2013), M4Nathan (06-02-2015)
 Old 11-27-2013, 06:06 AM   #167

Boosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,408 Times in 1,844 Posts
Groans: 50
Groaned at 20 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think he was going along with the joke of Phate. People like to think all imports are fwd abd that's it. Lol they be ignorant.

Fucking FREEK TUNED and shit
Boosted Beluga is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-27-2013, 06:07 AM   #168

KusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ehh wasn't sure. Had forgotten about that joke actually

1995 Miata 1.8
2006 MS6 Sold
 Old 11-27-2013, 06:09 AM   #169

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by KusteLokal View Post
Ehh wasn't sure. Had forgotten about that joke actually
Yeah, my first comment was a joke. Check the sig, I have a miata torn down to nuts and bolts in my garage right now.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:48 AM   #170

Not Ranked  0 score     

Ahh on tapafail so I didn't see.

1995 Miata 1.8
2006 MS6 Sold
 Old 11-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #171

silvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,668 Times in 5,045 Posts
Groans: 136
Groaned at 47 Times in 41 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

13:1 is a little on the lean side, but is within the band for max power on a naturally aspirated engine running pump gas. Max power is generally accepted to be had at 12.5:1 - 13.2:1 for gas (0.85 - 0.90 lambda).
Boosted Beluga (11-27-2013), lilred (11-27-2013)
 Old 11-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #172
das macht kein sinn

mizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

It was a tailpipe AFR reading and I have cats so I don't put too much reliability in the reading

I don't have the pre-swap weight. FlyinMiata weighed theirs and it went from 2349 with 51. 4% Front to 2536 with 52.6% Front. They also noted that there was a 0.4% difference in front weight with the top up (more) than the top down. For these measurements, my top was up.

"Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't, it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere."
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mizboo102 For This Useful Post:
anavrinIV (11-27-2013), atvfreek (11-27-2013), Boosted Beluga (11-27-2013), socks (11-27-2013), wolly6973 (11-28-2013)
 Old 11-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #173

Not Ranked  0 score     

That's less added weight than i expected. Cool deal.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:26 PM   #174

Monotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,066 Times in 2,314 Posts
Groans: 819
Groaned at 86 Times in 66 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Bump for updates and shit

Was just thinking about the build and shit
 Old 06-09-2014, 06:39 PM   #175
das macht kein sinn

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ah... let's see. On good days I drove it, bullying the locals and surprising the few.

About two months ago on the way to Cars and Coffee, I took a turn that immediately dropped away, the rear end got a bit light and came around. I was pointed at the curb but counter steered in time to miss it. I held it too long and it kept rotating but one more counter steer and we were back on track. The next day I was on my way somewhere and the steering wheel was 30* off. I stopped and checked the tie rods, one was only hand tight and the other was also loose. I tightened them and took it for an alignment the next day.

The following C&C I was convinced to finally install the brakes that I've had for over a year and new energy suspension bushings for the front and rear suspension. Two notes:
1. I hate bushing grease. It got everywhere. It's still everywhere. The garage will never be the same
2. Even though we marked the bolts, the alignment was still crap because we couldn't remember which bolt went to which markings.

Added the FlyinMiata big brake kit-
Willwood fronts:

Bigger rotors in the back with stock calipers (replaced the right rear since it's been leaking for over two years):

Just got the brakes bedded in and started using the ebrake again. Ran out in it Saturday night, came back and parked it in the garage... came out Monday morning and brake fluid was all over the garage floor. Stupid RR caliper leaked the entire reservoir of super blue

Took both the original and replacement RR caliper to Advanced and said order a new one! Just got it today.

This weekend also changed the oil and installed an AEM filter

The Following User Says Thank You to mizboo102 For This Useful Post:
Boosted Beluga (06-10-2014)
 Old 06-09-2014, 10:43 PM   #176
Fuck sushi rolls

rodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the world
Thanked 24,882 Times in 7,894 Posts
Groans: 356
Groaned at 509 Times in 380 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Uhm slicks and 1/4 mile timeslips .... Brakes don't do shit for drag racing ...

Don't think the pink lugs escaped me lol

2007 Ms3 3071r fully bolted , retired and sold after 110k miles of abuse

2014 Black Track Pack premium , NA 4lyfe ...AED dyno tuned on E85 466.6whp / 406.8 TQ SAE

rodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rodrigo For This Useful Post:
Boosted Beluga (06-10-2014), mizboo102 (08-02-2015)

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforum.org/forum/forum/f25/time-121773/
Posted By For Type Date
What did you do to your car today? - Page 73 This thread Refback 03-11-2013 10:19 AM