register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Miata MX-5
> Miata - Engine, Transmission, Driveline
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #1

SpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,311 Times in 1,156 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Spec Stage 1 Clutch for 1992 Miata

I just picked up a Spec Stage 1 Clutch for my Miata. Paid around $250 for it. Just curious if anyone here has used a Spec clutch, they are fairly popular from what I have read for Miata needing more grab over stock.

As too why I picked up a new clutch with up to 199+ ft. lbs of torque?? Well, we shall see...
SpencerC is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #2

Ace Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I use a spec 2+ on my protege with a BP and it's been great so far. I've got about 30k on it. I blew my engine and tranny about 10k ago and I inspected it and it still looked brand new despite how hard I drive my car and multiple times at the track and whatnot.

'94 Mazda Protege -SOLD
1.8 BPT Vf10
263whp 258wtq
13.1 @ 107 mph

'05 ZX-6RR - Two Brothers slip on, GPR dampener V1, More to come

Ace Protege is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #3

SpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,311 Times in 1,156 Posts
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Ace Protege View Post
I use a spec 2+ on my protege with a BP and it's been great so far. I've got about 30k on it. I blew my engine and tranny about 10k ago and I inspected it and it still looked brand new despite how hard I drive my car and multiple times at the track and whatnot.
Seems to be pretty in line with what I have heard. Except the blowing a tranny part.
SpencerC is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #4

Ace Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It was kinda a collateral damage ordeal, where the rod broke open the block it split the tranny open where the slave bolts to. Shit luck right? Lol ImageUploadedBytapatalkreplace1369947267.933146.jpg

'94 Mazda Protege -SOLD
1.8 BPT Vf10
263whp 258wtq
13.1 @ 107 mph

'05 ZX-6RR - Two Brothers slip on, GPR dampener V1, More to come

Ace Protege is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-30-2013, 08:35 PM   #5

BoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

i beat the ever living dog shit out of the flyin miata stage 1, similar to the spec i believe. lasted 50000 very hard miles and never slipped once. only reason i found out it was about gone, i was selling the car and wanted the lightweight flywheel.
PS: was on a 200-220 hp turbo 1.6