register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > MSF News And Event Info > Site News & Events > Hot Deals Section
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Hot Deals Section Share your hot deals from around the web here!!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By frothy

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-08-2015, 03:17 PM   #1

aackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Rola Roof Racks 20% off @Amazon

Amazon.com: Rola 59833 Mazda 3 Hatchback Cross Bar: AutomotiveAmazon.com: Rola 59833 Mazda 3 Hatchback Cross Bar: Automotive
Amazon.com: Rola 59715 51" Universal Lockable Aluminum Cross Bar: AutomotiveAmazon.com: Rola 59715 51" Universal Lockable Aluminum Cross Bar: Automotive
...and that one is said to fit in 47 or 51 inches.

Now you can all finally get to second base.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aackthpt For This Useful Post:
frothy (05-08-2015), maisonvi (05-08-2015)
 Old 05-08-2015, 03:28 PM   #2

Yatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,278 Times in 645 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

$158 shipped 2 day with prime, Thanks!
mods: \\// AT HPFP // AccessPort // CS S2 TIP, SRI and TMIC // CPe S2 RMM // Synapse BPV // Mazda gutted secondary cat // S-OTS+ 91S2 // HKS TP DLi II // Wilwood DP6 13” brakes // TCE 2 piece rear rotors // Maxwell SuperCap/LiFePO4 cell \\//

waiting for install: \\// CPE Catted DP // CS Battery Box // Devils Own Meth kit // H&R Coilovers \\//
Yatta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yatta For This Useful Post:
aackthpt (05-08-2015), Koke382 (05-14-2015)
 Old 05-08-2015, 04:06 PM   #3

frothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,381 Times in 594 Posts
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks like the Rola Rigid 59000 Organizer is on Amazon for a decent price too.

It's currently $38.46 and it states on the site that there's a $5 coupon that you can use as well upon checkout.

I've had one of these in my trunk for the last 8 years and love it. Don't usually see them for this cheap...

Amazon.com: Rola 59000 M.O.V.E. Rigid-Base Interior Organizer (25" x 15"): AutomotiveAmazon.com: Rola 59000 M.O.V.E. Rigid-Base Interior Organizer (25" x 15"): Automotive
frothy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to frothy For This Useful Post:
aackthpt (05-08-2015)
 Old 05-08-2015, 08:09 PM   #4

aackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by frothy View Post
Huh. That's kind of interesting. About $32 after the discount I guess huh. Would probably do it if I didn't already have a solution - the local hardware store was clearing out these semirigid trapezoidal folding fabric baskets so I bought several of a couple sizes - pretty much enough to cover the hatch area. I don't even generally deploy those but they do come in handy once in a while. Not very vertical, though, so when there's a lot of cargo I wind up not using them at all.

The ones I got are grey with red edging, so it's rather funny that they kind of match the pu's color scheme.
 Old 05-08-2015, 09:41 PM   #5

maisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,968 Times in 1,844 Posts
Groans: 75
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It's currently $38.46 and it states on the site that there's a $5 coupon that you can use as well upon checkout.

I've had one of these in my trunk for the last 8 years and love it. Don't usually see them for this cheap...

Amazon.com: Rola 59000 M.O.V.E. Rigid-Base Interior Organizer (25" x 15"): Automotive
Pics in car?
maisonvi is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-09-2015, 01:40 AM   #6

frothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

@maisonvi; Not what you asked for, but here are some pictures of the organizer so you can get a better idea of how it's constructed:

There are two strips of Velcro on the inside and one on each of the sides so you can move the dividers to the desired position and strap them securely into place. The dividers have a plastic insert sewn into them, so they're nice and stiff. The two pulls on the ends are made of a soft rubber.

Both sides of the carrier have a plastic insert sewn snuggly into them, running the entire length.

See how the stitching forms a traingular shape? There's a plastic insert inside of there as well (both sides). There's also a long stiff spring sewn into that top seam -- both ends of the spring feel as though they have rubber or plastic caps to keep from eating through the outer material.

From ROLA: "Non-slip material prevents the MOVE from sliding during sudden stops or fast cornering"

THIS I kind of disagree with. The base is mostly a ridged soft-plastic material and the outer edging is obviously rubber. Nothing too cutting edge here as far as preventing it from sliding around too much. I'm not saying it doesn't do a decent job of staying in place, but there's nothing on the base making it super grippy either.

I'll upload pictures of it in the car tomorrow when it's light out.

Apologies for the thread jack...
maisonvi (05-09-2015)
 Old 05-09-2015, 05:00 AM   #7

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by maisonvi View Post
Pics in car?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to frothy For This Useful Post:
jax ms3gt (05-09-2015), Koke382 (05-14-2015), maisonvi (05-09-2015), SeanE (05-09-2015), Thepedigree13 (05-09-2015)
 Old 05-09-2015, 09:07 AM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Apologies for the thread jack...
No worries. You're just expanding the possibilities of the OP and responding to requests for details, and you're providing potentially useful information for everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to aackthpt For This Useful Post:
frothy (05-09-2015)
 Old 05-09-2015, 04:57 PM   #9

Grumpy Slunk has much to be proud ofGrumpy Slunk has much to be proud ofGrumpy Slunk has much to be proud ofGrumpy Slunk has much to be proud ofGrumpy Slunk has much to be proud ofGrumpy Slunk has much to be proud ofGrumpy Slunk has much to be proud ofGrumpy Slunk has much to be proud ofGrumpy Slunk has much to be proud of
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I like those rubber mats you have as well. Where did you find them?

"You are the result of four billion years of evolutionary success. Fucking act like it."
Grumpy Slunk is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-09-2015, 05:16 PM   #10

jax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,040 Times in 271 Posts
Groans: 11
Groaned at 23 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah the rubber mat is dope! I appreciate the pics, I thought the organizer would've been bigger, but still looks useful
CP-E HPFpump™ CP-E 3" SS Cat Back Exhaust System CP-E 3" SS Downpipe System CP-E Rear Engine Mount CP-E XcelNANO™ Air Intake CP-E Nviscid™ Pipe CP-E Triple Gauge Pod Cobb AccessPORTv2 Cobb Anti Sway Bar(rear) Corksport TMIC
PERM TUNED
Forge bpv Eibach ProKit Prosport Wideband AFR Boost Oil Temp Oil Pressure JBR Shift Knob SunTek CarbonXP 30% around
2002 Mazda Protege5:AEM sri KYB gr2's DDM hid RIP
jax ms3gt is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-09-2015, 07:22 PM   #11

Not Ranked  0 score     

The cargo tray is a Mazda OEM accessory...

The 1st Gen MS3 part#: 0000-8B-L09
The 2nd Gen MS3 part#: 0000-8D-L01

Here's a picture comparison between the two, as they are slightly different in both shape and style (2nd Gen on top, 1st Gen on bottom):

Note the lip in the back of the 1st Gen mat (not sure if this applies to the 2nd Gen mat), it's somewhat of a nuisance having that raised edge if you want to load large items in the car with the rear seats lowered.

As for the ROLA organizer, there's also a larger one available: the 59001, which is 38"x15"x7". The Gen1 hatch is roughly 32"x40". So although it should fit, you're limited as to how you can position it.

This larger organizer does in fact qualify for the same instant $5 off coupon on Amazon that the smaller one does. I'm not sure if the current listed price is competitive or not, though.
jax ms3gt likes this.
jax ms3gt (05-09-2015)
 Old 05-09-2015, 07:49 PM   #12

jax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,040 Times in 271 Posts
Groans: 11
Groaned at 23 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

fk, amazon is selling rear gen1 mat for $100.. was hoping it wasnt that much
CP-E HPFpump™ CP-E 3" SS Cat Back Exhaust System CP-E 3" SS Downpipe System CP-E Rear Engine Mount CP-E XcelNANO™ Air Intake CP-E Nviscid™ Pipe CP-E Triple Gauge Pod Cobb AccessPORTv2 Cobb Anti Sway Bar(rear) Corksport TMIC
PERM TUNED
Forge bpv Eibach ProKit Prosport Wideband AFR Boost Oil Temp Oil Pressure JBR Shift Knob SunTek CarbonXP 30% around
2002 Mazda Protege5:AEM sri KYB gr2's DDM hid RIP
jax ms3gt is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-09-2015, 08:25 PM   #13

kbspeed3 is just really nicekbspeed3 is just really nicekbspeed3 is just really nicekbspeed3 is just really nice
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I got my rear mat off ebay earlier this year for $70 with free shipping (I'm a gen 1).
kbspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kbspeed3 For This Useful Post:
jax ms3gt (05-09-2015)
 Old 05-09-2015, 08:46 PM   #14

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jax ms3gt View Post
fk, amazon is selling rear gen1 mat for $100.. was hoping it wasnt that much
Tasca Parts | Lowest Prices Anywhere for Genuine OEM Parts has 'em for $71.84 and $12.90 for shipping (that was my listed shipping cost, anyway).

Not tons better, but it's something.

Might be worth posting a WTB on MSF -- you might get lucky. I've seen a couple sold in the For Sale threads...

EDIT:
Also, the above mats are NOT rubber, they're a soft plastic. Doubt this is a deal-killer for anyone, but thought i'd mention it.

Last edited by frothy; 05-09-2015 at 08:58 PM.
 Old 05-10-2015, 02:10 PM   #15

JOHNSOPN will become famous soon enoughJOHNSOPN will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Does anyone have pictures of these racks on their car? I want roof racks but I don't want them to be huge and look stupid.

Also, how easy are they to remove and put back on?
JOHNSOPN is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-10-2015, 03:19 PM   #16

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JOHNSOPN View Post
Does anyone have pictures of these racks on their car? I want roof racks but I don't want them to be huge and look stupid.

Also, how easy are they to remove and put back on?
You can find pictures and discussion regarding install here: Roof Rack
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gen1 final.jpg (190.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg gen2 final.jpg (334.0 KB, 24 views)
 Old 05-11-2015, 10:05 AM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Tasca Parts | Lowest Prices Anywhere for Genuine OEM Parts has 'em for $71.84 and $12.90 for shipping (that was my listed shipping cost, anyway).
Yeah, I ordered the one for my gen2 the week I got my car, I think from one of the stealerships that does online part sales, and that's pretty close to what I paid. Overall I'm happy with it, as it's saved the cargo area carpet from at least one moderate sized spill already and still looks new after squirting it off with the hose.

There's still a lip on the gen2 cargo mat, but not as large as it looks like the gen1 mat has. It catches on things but rocking the item a bit takes care of it so not a huge deal.

I ordered Mazda's rubber floor mats at the same time too... the 2013 mats fscking suck. I still think the WeatherTech stuff might be better but it does cost WAY more and has third party branding all over it too.
frothy (05-11-2015)
 Old 05-11-2015, 10:47 AM   #18

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by aackthpt View Post
I ordered Mazda's rubber floor mats at the same time too... the 2013 mats fscking suck. I still think the WeatherTech stuff might be better but it does cost WAY more and has third party branding all over it too.
They're definitely pricey, but they're pretty low-key as far as branding.
There's nothing on the rear mats and the two fronts just have the sticker on the side.

After a few hot summers those stickers on the front mats have a tendency to peel off and disappear...

The DigitalFit Weathertechs are made of a similar material as the Mazda cargo cover, btw -- it's more of a plastic than a rubber.

If you're ever in the market for a set, I recommend checking in at Autogeek for sales around opportune times: Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Christmas, etc... Their sales usually exclude these mats, but every so often they're included and can be had for 20% off, or whatever...

aackthpt (05-12-2015)
 Old 05-11-2015, 03:50 PM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hmm, fair enough I guess they are. But they sure look a lot more hardcore than the Mazda rubber ones. They pretty much scream "DO NOT FUCK with the carpet".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWVxI6XZAuE

Edit: if I sound like I'm trying to convince myself I made the right choice... I am. LOL.
 Old 05-11-2015, 04:07 PM   #20

Yatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

There's nothing on the rear mats and the two fronts just have the sticker on the side.

After a few hot summers those stickers on the front mats have a tendency to peel off and disappear...

The DigitalFit Weathertechs are made of a similar material as the Mazda cargo cover, btw -- it's more of a plastic than a rubber.

If you're ever in the market for a set, I recommend checking in at Autogeek for sales around opportune times: Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Christmas, etc... Their sales usually exclude these mats, but every so often they're included and can be had for 20% off, or whatever...

+10 on the weather tech mats, I got a set off of ebay, they are worth every penny if you have kids (or snow, or both)... the crap I have pulled out of my car still in those mats is incredible. lusting after the rear cargo mat now...
mods: \\// AT HPFP // AccessPort // CS S2 TIP, SRI and TMIC // CPe S2 RMM // Synapse BPV // Mazda gutted secondary cat // S-OTS+ 91S2 // HKS TP DLi II // Wilwood DP6 13” brakes // TCE 2 piece rear rotors // Maxwell SuperCap/LiFePO4 cell \\//

waiting for install: \\// CPE Catted DP // CS Battery Box // Devils Own Meth kit // H&R Coilovers \\//
The Following User Says Thank You to Yatta For This Useful Post:
aackthpt (05-12-2015)
 Old 05-11-2015, 06:42 PM   #21

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Yatta; @frothy; can one of you guys post a pic of the driver's side footwell with teh weathertech please?
 Old 05-11-2015, 07:15 PM   #22

Not Ranked  0 score     

@aackthpt; Not exactly a vanity shot, but here you go:

Last edited by frothy; 05-12-2015 at 06:22 AM.
aackthpt (05-12-2015)
 Old 05-12-2015, 08:41 AM   #23

Not Ranked  0 score     

and that looks exactly like mine, including the dirt

The Following User Says Thank You to Yatta For This Useful Post:
frothy (05-12-2015)
 Old 05-12-2015, 10:27 AM   #24

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Dude, you're killin' me here. That precisely covers all the areas that still get salt and shit past the edges of the Mazda ones. To unsalt the bottom of my dead pedal last month I had to spray mass amounts of water, suck with shop vac, repeat about 25 times..... Also they don't cover anywhere near the accelerator, because liability and Audi/Toyota I imagine.
frothy (05-12-2015)